I have read other posts in here with similar, but not quite the same issue, so I apologize if this is a duplicate of a previously answered question.
I am setting up Bugzilla ver 5.0.4 on a CentOS install. Everything seems to be working correctly except the email notifications.
I am using Office 365 with the "Direct Send" setup, as guided by Microsoft and the following (redacted) settings in Bugzilla:
mail_delivery_method = SMTP
mail_from = bugzilla@<domain>.com
use_mailer_queue = on (I've tried off with no difference)
smtpserver = <domain>-com.mail.protection.outlook.com
smtp_username = ""
smtp_password = ""
smtp_ssl = off
smtp_debug = on
When a bug is updated, Bugzilla reports that it successfully sent email to the appropriate users. No error messages.
On Friday, April 27, 2018 at 11:24:28 AM UTC-6, Thorsten Schöning wrote:
> Guten Tag,
> am Freitag, 27. April 2018 um 18:38 schrieben Sie:
> > use_mailer_queue = on (I've tried off with no difference)
> "on" vs. "off" makes a huge difference, because in case of "on" no
> mails are send at all until you run jobqueue.pl addtionally. So that
> will succeed in the web-ui even if you have configured things wrongly.
> So "on" is a bad value during debugging, keep it "off" instead and
> enable "smtp_debug" instead. That will tell you if mails are send and
> how these look like. If there's no error in the logs, the problem is
> very likely with the mail server or postbox or mail client instead of
> https://www.bugzilla.org/docs/4.4/en/html/api/jobqueue.html > https://bugzilla.readthedocs.io/en/5.0/administering/parameters.html#email >
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
> Thorsten Schöning
> Thorsten Schöning E-Mail: [hidden email] > AM-SoFT IT-Systeme http://www.AM-SoFT.de/ >
> Telefon...........05151- 9468- 55
> Fax...............05151- 9468- 88
> Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04
> AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln
> AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow
I have changed the setting to off, leaving other settings alone and tried another test. The email was reported sent OK and the email came through. It appears that the prior test I did with it off had some other issue. (And it also appears that there is a problem with the jobqueue.pl, which I will look into next.)