Mail id displayed in 'normal' mail headers?

Mail id displayed in 'normal' mail headers?

Ivan Herman
Is there a way to customize in TB what is displayed for what is labelled as
'normal' mail header? In my particular case I would like to have the message Id
displayed, too, but others may want something else. The only way I can access to
this info is to display all headers, which is much more than what I want...

Ivan

--

Ivan Herman
Bankrashof 108

Re: Mail id displayed in 'normal' mail headers?

CBFalconer
Ivan Herman wrote:

> Is there a way to customize in TB what is displayed for what is
> labelled as 'normal' mail header? In my particular case I would
> like to have the message Id displayed, too, but others may want
> something else. The only way I can access to this info is to
> display all headers, which is much more than what I want...

Agreed.  Another missing Netscape 4 feature is the ability to
select an antecedent via the chain of references displayed (by
index) in the header section.

Displaying all headers does not even get you the needed
information, since much of it may be off screen to the right, and
there is no way to scroll that into place.  Display message body
simply does not work at all in TB1.5rc1 when operating offline.

--
Some useful references about C:
   <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html>

Re: Mail id displayed in 'normal' mail headers?

walt-2
Chuck F. wrote:
[...]
> Displaying all headers does not even get you the needed information,
> since much of it may be off screen to the right, and there is no way to
> scroll that into place...

What happens if you click on the header you want to see and drag the
mouse pointer to the right (off the edge of the window)?

In general, I'm very unhappy with the way headers are displayed in TB
and (now) in Seamonkey, but this one tiny complaint may be unfair :o)

There are multiple open bug-reports about header display in TB, which
no one seems to care about.  I must say I'm mystified by this attitude.
It's *way* past time that these problems were fixed.

Re: Mail id displayed in 'normal' mail headers?

Ivan Herman
Holger,

thanks. Mennhy does what I wanted! Thanks very much

Ivan