Maavis announcement - simple access to media, internet and voip calls

Maavis announcement - simple access to media, internet and voip calls

Steve Lee-3
I'm just doing a runner for the weekend but thought you might be
interested in my latest project, Maavis.

You can try it out and get the code

http://eduspaces.net/stevelee/weblog/460994.html

--
Steve Lee
Open Source Assistive Technology Software and Accessibility

Jaws 10.0.396u now speaks liveregions

mozilla accessibility
Not much control over what happens when it speaks and no history or way to
read back / filter previously heard messages, but it works.
Very nice...

I haven't tried any of the various notification options, so can't comment on
that. It basically speaks as soon as it can, and any typeahead will
interrupt speech, as is normal Jaws operation.  They need to implement
another "channel" so typeahead doesn't interfeer with important messages.

Try this simple test:
http://narita.mit.edu/ncam/ajax/asynchronousInsertTest.html

-- Rich

Re: Jaws 10.0.396u now speaks liveregions

Victor Tsaran
You can disable speaking of live regions from the verbosity options. But
yes, Orca's approach would be desirable, namely, for the user to be able
to control the type of live region announcements.
The firefox3 support is pretty inconsistent though in JAWS10.