Lost folders

Tim T-3
Using Mozilla 1.7.5, I removed several outdated email account but didn't
realize that it would also delete all the folders, including the ones I
created with old messages.  Any way to restore them?
Thanks
Tim T
Windows XP Home SP 2

Re: Lost folders

Leonidas Jones
Tim wrote:
> Using Mozilla 1.7.5, I removed several outdated email account but didn't
> realize that it would also delete all the folders, including the ones I
> created with old messages.  Any way to restore them?
> Thanks
> Tim T
> Windows XP Home SP 2

Yes there is.  When you delete an email account, it removes all
reference to it in the UI, but leaves the actual folders behind.  Go to
your profile folder:

Mozilla or Firefox (For Mozilla profiles look in the Profiles subfolder,
for Firefox, look in Firefox\Profiles)

WinXP, 2K:
C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Mozilla

Win ME, 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla

Open the Mail subfolder.  You should see folders for each account, and
folders for the removed accounts.  They are named for your pop3 server.

What appear to be folders in the UI are actually files, with no
extension. Lets say you have a folder you want to restore, called
Archive.  Find the file called Archive, no extension, in you old account
folder, and copy it.  Paste this into an active account folder.  Open
Mozilla Mail, and you should see a new folder, called Archive, with all
the mail in it.

Lee