Loss of folders and settings

Lew Higgins
Using Mozilla 1.7.6 on a pc running W2K without any problems or alterations.

Then yesterday, after booting up, Mozilla Mail & News had wiped
everything clean. All my folders were empty (Inbox, Sent, newsgroups,
everything) and settings too! The browser and rest remains fine.

What's going on?

--
Lew

Re: Loss of folders and settings

jerame
I just had a similar problem with my system.  Unfortunately I think I
was the cause.  I was running TB v1.0.6 and had just upgrade to v1.0.7.
 I had Folderpane Tools installed previously and it was now complaining
that I needed to upgrade my version of folderpane Tools before I could
use it.  Well, I went ahead and upgraded it, but before I restarted TB
I noticed I was able to already access the "options" section.   BAD BAD
BAD idea.  Suddenly everything was g-o-n-e.  The files were all still
there, but I had blank panels for folders, messages, and message
details.  I was also missing the File, Edit, View, etc options from
across the top.  The fix was found from a post I read from back last
year sometime, after they had tried several things the following is
what fixed it for them and for me.

Simply delete or rename the chrome directory.  That's it.  Simple.  The
whole thing came back to life, everything!  And yes it does create a
"new" chrome directory for you.

C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Application
Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\h9l02ra2.default\chrome

Hope this helps!

Jerame