Long format search result export

Toepfer Philipp
Long format search result export

Hello all,

I need to export our search results in a *.csv file. Is there a possibility to export the long format bug list, so that I have also the comments and solutions inside my csv-file?

Right now I only find the possibilty to export the short format.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Philipp Töpfer
System Architekt

Magneti Marelli
Elektronische Systeme GmbH
Industriestr. 3
70565 Stuttgart

Tel +49 (0) 711 1237 1134
Fax +49 (0) 711 1237 1199

RE: "Auto Detect" for attachment content type.

Jim Spurr
-- Please Ignore Previous Message -- sent prematurely --

        Greetings,

        I have recently inherited a thriving Bugzilla installation, and I know very little about it, but I am learning a lot.

        Background:
        On the "Auto Detect", it works swell for jpeg, it works sometimes for msword, but I have been having trouble with Excel files.  I am not sure why it sometimes works for Word files, but I know how to fix them when the don't (edit, and change MIME Type to "application/msword")

        Questions:
        1)  Why do some Word files successfully Auto Detect and others do not?
        2)  How do I make Excel work properly?  (e.g. what should the MIME type be, or better yet, how do I get it to Auto Detect?)

        Thanks, Jim Spurr

Re: Long format search result export

Max Kanat-Alexander
On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 14:29 +0100, Toepfer Philipp wrote:
> I need to export our search results in a *.csv file. Is there a
> possibility to export the long format bug list, so that I have also
> the comments and solutions inside my csv-file?
>
> Right now I only find the possibilty to export the short format.

        CSV files don't have very good support for multi-line fields, so that
probably wouldn't work very well (since comments have more than one
line). So no, it can't be done. You can export each individual bug as
XML, however.

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Everything Solved: Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Linux Services

Re: Long format search result export

Andrea Mattoni
> CSV files don't have very good support for multi-line fields, so that
> probably wouldn't work very well (since comments have more than one
> line). So no, it can't be done. You can export each individual bug as
> XML, however.
>
> -Max

Is it possible to export the entire search result page in XML format?

Thanks,
Andrea

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 23:18 +0100, Andrea Mattoni wrote:
> Is it possible to export the entire search result page in XML format?

        Yep. Just click on the "XML Format" button at the bottom of the page.
It's not possible to include the comments though, I think.

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla Services. And Everything Else, too.

Re: Long format search result export

Andrea Mattoni

>> Is it possible to export the entire search result page in XML format?
>
> Yep. Just click on the "XML Format" button at the bottom of the page.
> It's not possible to include the comments though, I think.
>
> -Max

I've Bugzilla 2.20 installed on a Debian-linux distribution.
I can argue that there is no "XML Format" button neither at the top nor at
the bottom of the search result page, trust me. Could you please specify
where can i find this "magic" button/link?!

Thanks,
Andrea

Re: Long format search result export

Marc Schumann
Andrea,

2006/3/3, Andrea Mattoni <[hidden email]>:
> I can argue that there is no "XML Format" button neither at the top nor at
> the bottom of the search result page, trust me. Could you please specify
> where can i find this "magic" button/link?!

it's not part of 2.20. You may want to upgrade to 2.22.

   Regards
      Marc

--
http://wurblzap.net/
Bugzilla hosting and professional support

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 22:42 +0100, Andrea Mattoni wrote:
> I've Bugzilla 2.20 installed on a Debian-linux distribution.
> I can argue that there is no "XML Format" button neither at the top nor at
> the bottom of the search result page, trust me. Could you please specify
> where can i find this "magic" button/link?!

        Hrm, you're right. Strange. Ah well, just add "&format=rdf" to the end
of your buglist.cgi URL.

        -Max

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 07:50 -0600, Jim Spurr wrote:
> 1)  Why do some Word files successfully Auto Detect and others do
> not?

        Not sure. The auto-detect is actually done by your web browser, it just
tells Bugzilla what type of file it is.

> 2)  How do I make Excel work properly?  (e.g. what should the MIME
> type be, or better yet, how do I get it to Auto Detect?)

        Once again, you'd have to talk to your web browser. :-)

        Off the top of my head, I think they're supposed to be application/vnd
+excel

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla Services. And Everything Else, too.

RE: "Auto Detect" for attachment content type.

Jim Spurr
Max,

Thanks for your response.

1)  I have tried many permutations of application/*excel, but have not yet succeeded.  Can someone confirm the proper string?

2)  My browser is IE 6 on XP ... I cannot find any place that manages the file detection.  Can you provide any clues on where to look?

Thanks, Jim Spurr

        On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 07:50 -0600, Jim Spurr wrote:
        >       1)  Why do some Word files successfully Auto Detect and others do
        > not?

                Not sure. The auto-detect is actually done by your web browser, it just
        tells Bugzilla what type of file it is.

        >       2)  How do I make Excel work properly?  (e.g. what should the MIME
        > type be, or better yet, how do I get it to Auto Detect?)

                Once again, you'd have to talk to your web browser. :-)

                Off the top of my head, I think they're supposed to be application/vnd
        +excel

                -Max
        --
        http://www.everythingsolved.com/
        Competent, Friendly Bugzilla Services. And Everything Else, too.

Re: "Auto Detect" for attachment content type.

Michael Bellomo
The excel mime type string is:  application/vnd.ms-excel

Here's a good mime type reference btw: http://www.w3schools.com/media/media_mimeref.asp

    -Michael

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 07:01 -0600, Jim Spurr wrote:
> 1)  I have tried many permutations of application/*excel, but have not
> yet succeeded.  Can someone confirm the proper string?

        I looked it up, it's:

        application/vnd.ms-excel

> 2)  My browser is IE 6 on XP ... I cannot find any place that manages
> the file detection.  Can you provide any clues on where to look?

        You can't control it. It's built-in to the browser.

        -Max