Logo

mad NAT'er-2
I'm new to SeaMonkey and have high hopes for it.  I've downloaded the 1.5a
nightly and the current 1.0b versions. Seems to work OK although I haven't
put it to a very rigorous test yet.  At this point I have one question.  Are
there plans to drop the use of the ship's wheel?  Personnaly I'd like to see
the SeaMonkey logo (or *anything else*) replace this aging logo.  Thanks.

Re: Logo

Leonidas Jones
mad NAT'er wrote:
> I'm new to SeaMonkey and have high hopes for it.  I've downloaded the 1.5a
> nightly and the current 1.0b versions. Seems to work OK although I haven't
> put it to a very rigorous test yet.  At this point I have one question.  Are
> there plans to drop the use of the ship's wheel?  Personnaly I'd like to see
> the SeaMonkey logo (or *anything else*) replace this aging logo.  Thanks.

I don't mind the traditional navigator wheel per se, but since I do run
both Moz 1.7 12 on Windows, its nice to be able to tell at a glance.  As
I remember, Robert Kaiser responded once that eventual plans were t have
a complete set of icons.

FOr now, its pretty easy to fix.  Take an icon of your choice and paste
it into:

CL\Program Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkechrome\icons\default

Rename your icon to main-window.ico, and replace the existing
main-window.ico, which is the Navigator wheel.

You can find icons on the web, or use something like Icon Sucker to
extract icons from seamonkey.exe.

Lee

Re: Logo

Serge GAUTHERIE
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> mad NAT'er wrote:
>> Are there plans to drop the use of the ship's wheel?
>> Personnaly I'd like to see the SeaMonkey logo (or *anything else*)
>> replace this aging logo.
>
> I don't mind the traditional navigator wheel per se, but since I do run
> both Moz 1.7 12 on Windows, its nice to be able to tell at a glance.  As

On one hand, I have the same feeling, but I can live with the "Netscape"
artwork (Wheel, ...) without much concern.

On the other hand, what *do* confuse me (a lot) is the legacy _orange_
icons along the new _blue_ logo.

I have quickly learned that SeaMonkey = blue ... Now I tend to forget
that SM = orange too :-/
(Would be) Much easier to remember MAS==Orange, SM==Blue...

> I remember, Robert Kaiser responded once that eventual plans were t have
> a complete set of icons.

He told me recently that it might not be (soon);
then I read about designing a new theme to replace Classic (and maybe
Modern)...

Re: Logo

Leonidas Jones
Serge GAUTHERIE wrote:

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> mad NAT'er wrote:
>>> Are there plans to drop the use of the ship's wheel?  Personnaly I'd
>>> like to see the SeaMonkey logo (or *anything else*) replace this
>>> aging logo.
>>
>> I don't mind the traditional navigator wheel per se, but since I do
>> run both Moz 1.7 12 on Windows, its nice to be able to tell at a
>> glance.  As
>
> On one hand, I have the same feeling, but I can live with the "Netscape"
> artwork (Wheel, ...) without much concern.
>
> On the other hand, what *do* confuse me (a lot) is the legacy _orange_
> icons along the new _blue_ logo.
>
> I have quickly learned that SeaMonkey = blue ... Now I tend to forget
> that SM = orange too :-/
> (Would be) Much easier to remember MAS==Orange, SM==Blue...
>
>> I remember, Robert Kaiser responded once that eventual plans were t
>> have a complete set of icons.
>
> He told me recently that it might not be (soon);
> then I read about designing a new theme to replace Classic (and maybe
> Modern)...

Well, since I'm spending more and more time on Mac
s these days, the question is not as important.  When I asked about it
Robert mentioned only that it was in the plans, no time frame. I would
imagine its pretty low on the list of priorities. ;)

A new default theme would be a nice touch.

Lee