Lock Tables question

Joe-10
Hi all,

I had a small project to do for Bugzilla, I did this, however, I used
the newest code 2.18.3.  The version which is running is 2.17.6.  When
I apply my changes to the 2.17.6 I keep getting lots of "Table x was
not locked" type messages.  On the new version, there are no
SendSQL("LOCK TABLE...") commands, so I am wondering why this is
happening.

MySQL is 4.0.13, I recall that for this version the bugzilla user had
to have lock table and create temporary table permissions turned on..
would this cause these problems?