Localisers Map

Gervase Markham
Dear mozilla.org localisers,

We'd like to make a map of where you all are. This is because the
Foundation is considering putting on some events or meetings for
localisers, and this information would greatly help with the planning.

So could everyone who is in a localisation team take a moment to do the
following? If l10n team leaders could pass this message on to their
members, that would be fantastic. The more info we have, the better we
can plan. We are using Frappr, a new Google Maps mashup which lets
people make community maps.

1) Sign up for Frappr at http://www.frappr.com/ - all you need to supply
    is a name, email address and password, and you can use the site
    immediately.

2) During signup, in the "Occupation" section of the Basic Profile, put
    the following text:

l10n products: <product>; <product>
l10n language: <code> (<free text description>)

Example:

l10n products: Firefox; Camino
l10n language: en-GB (U.K. English)

The products should be taken from the following set:
"Firefox, Thunderbird, Seamonkey, Camino, Bugzilla"
and semicolon-separated. If you do multiple languages, again please use
a semicolon as the separator.

You can say "product" or "products" or "language" or "languages"
depending on which is correct; I think the regular expressions in any
future automatic parsing of this information can probably cope with
that. ;-)

3) Go to http://www.frappr.com/mozilla

4) Scroll down the page to "Add Yourself" and click "Add Me!"

That's it! Thanks!

Gerv

Re: Localisers Map UPDATED

Gervase Markham
Someone has pointed out that:

a) Everyone is now going to add themselves to the "Mozilla" map

b) There's no way of subsetting a Frappr map, and no easy way to filter
based on things like Occupation.

So, could all localisers _only_ (and I'm only posting this here, not in
my blog) also add themselves to the following Frappr map?
http://www.frappr.com/mozillal10n

I have the admin password to this one, which means I can delete people
who aren't l10n people.

Thanks :-)

Gerv

Re: Localisers Map

Axel Hecht-2
For what it's worth, you should restrict this map to contributors, this
is not intended to be a map of fans. (It's already becoming a bit
blurred, AFAICT.)

Oh, and don't try to add yourself on a mac, that's broken. At least I
had a terrible and unsuccessful time trying that.

Axel

Gervase Markham schrieb:

> Dear mozilla.org localisers,
>
> We'd like to make a map of where you all are. This is because the
> Foundation is considering putting on some events or meetings for
> localisers, and this information would greatly help with the planning.
>
> So could everyone who is in a localisation team take a moment to do the
> following? If l10n team leaders could pass this message on to their
> members, that would be fantastic. The more info we have, the better we
> can plan. We are using Frappr, a new Google Maps mashup which lets
> people make community maps.
>
> 1) Sign up for Frappr at http://www.frappr.com/ - all you need to supply
>    is a name, email address and password, and you can use the site
>    immediately.
>
> 2) During signup, in the "Occupation" section of the Basic Profile, put
>    the following text:
>
> l10n products: <product>; <product>
> l10n language: <code> (<free text description>)
>
> Example:
>
> l10n products: Firefox; Camino
> l10n language: en-GB (U.K. English)
>
> The products should be taken from the following set:
> "Firefox, Thunderbird, Seamonkey, Camino, Bugzilla"
> and semicolon-separated. If you do multiple languages, again please use
> a semicolon as the separator.
>
> You can say "product" or "products" or "language" or "languages"
> depending on which is correct; I think the regular expressions in any
> future automatic parsing of this information can probably cope with
> that. ;-)
>
> 3) Go to http://www.frappr.com/mozilla
>
> 4) Scroll down the page to "Add Yourself" and click "Add Me!"
>
> That's it! Thanks!
>
> Gerv

(Non-contributors): Localisers Map

Abhijit Dutta
--- Axel Hecht <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For what it's worth, you should restrict this map to contributors,
> this
> is not intended to be a map of fans. (It's already becoming a bit
> blurred, AFAICT.)

I agree.

Also - I think you should ask others to not to post this (as I just
did !) everywhere else.

I'm not a fan - I just track the issues and developments. - Not a
contributor either. - So wouldn't normally register on frapp.

Regards,
Abhijit

> Oh, and don't try to add yourself on a mac, that's broken. At least
> had a terrible and unsuccessful time trying that.
>
> Axel

Re: Localisers Map

Vidar Braut Haarr-2
Gervase Markham skreiv:
> 1) Sign up for Frappr at http://www.frappr.com/ - all you need to supply
>     is a name, email address and password, and you can use the site
>     immediately.

I'd like to, but frappr doesn't allow e-mail addresses that contain
'+', such as 'vhaarr+frappr'.

I tried e-mailing them about it but apparently their own
contact/support address don't work either (they're not responding.)

--
Vidar Braut Haarr
"Programmers don't die, they

Re: Localisers Map

Axel Hecht
Or they're just flooded with x-mas business. :-)

Just as a tip for those non-US non-UK, take a roadmap and the satellite
pictures to locate your home :-)

Axel