Locale usage statistics

Paulius Andriekus
Hey folks. I remember back in the day, when I was getting started with
localising Firefox for Lithuanian, there was a tool/place where it was
possible to see some stats about the usage of Firefox for a specified
locale (in my case Lithuanian). It was an interesting and motivational
piece of information.

I wonder if it's still possible to get some information about locale usage?

--
*Paulius*

Re: Locale usage statistics

Michal Stanke-2
Hi Paulius.

I think you mean Tableau (dataviz.mozilla.org). Is that it? There is
"Localized Firefox Desktop ADI" workbook and views where you can filter ADI
per user country, Firefox locale and version etc.
--
Michal Stanke

ne 14. 2. 2021 v 16:10 odesílatel Paulius Andriekus <[hidden email]>
napsal:

> Hey folks. I remember back in the day, when I was getting started with
> localising Firefox for Lithuanian, there was a tool/place where it was
> possible to see some stats about the usage of Firefox for a specified
> locale (in my case Lithuanian). It was an interesting and motivational
> piece of information.
>
> I wonder if it's still possible to get some information about locale usage?
>
> --
> *Paulius*

Re: Locale usage statistics

Michal Stanke-2
Oh and btw. some I now realized that Italy is one of the regions available
in Firefox Public Data Report. So if you go to https://data.firefox.com/
and select User Activity or User Behaviour, in the top right you can select
Italy as the region you are interested and you can find the data completely
public there.
--
Michal Stanke

ne 14. 2. 2021 v 16:28 odesílatel Michal Stanke <[hidden email]> napsal:

> Hi Paulius.
>
> I think you mean Tableau (dataviz.mozilla.org). Is that it? There is
> "Localized Firefox Desktop ADI" workbook and views where you can filter ADI
> per user country, Firefox locale and version etc.
> --
> Michal Stanke
>

> ne 14. 2. 2021 v 16:10 odesílatel Paulius Andriekus <[hidden email]>
> napsal:
>
>> Hey folks. I remember back in the day, when I was getting started with
>> localising Firefox for Lithuanian, there was a tool/place where it was
>> possible to see some stats about the usage of Firefox for a specified
>> locale (in my case Lithuanian). It was an interesting and motivational
>> piece of information.
>>
>> I wonder if it's still possible to get some information about locale
>> usage?
>>
>> --
>> *Paulius*

Re: Locale usage statistics

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

In the past we used to give access to Dataviz/Tableau to localizers, but we
had several issues with those dashboards (e.g., right now it shows up empty
for me, and there's been a bug on file for a while).

I'm afraid we don't have that information easily accessible at this point.

Francesco

Il giorno dom 14 feb 2021 alle ore 16:09 Paulius Andriekus <
[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hey folks. I remember back in the day, when I was getting started with
> localising Firefox for Lithuanian, there was a tool/place where it was
> possible to see some stats about the usage of Firefox for a specified
> locale (in my case Lithuanian). It was an interesting and motivational
> piece of information.
>
> I wonder if it's still possible to get some information about locale usage?
>
> --
> *Paulius*

Re: Locale usage statistics

Paulius Andriekus
Yes, Tableau was the place..

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 at 17:47, Francesco Lodolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the past we used to give access to Dataviz/Tableau to localizers, but
> we had several issues with those dashboards (e.g., right now it shows up
> empty for me, and there's been a bug on file for a while).
>
> I'm afraid we don't have that information easily accessible at this point.
>
> Francesco
>
> Il giorno dom 14 feb 2021 alle ore 16:09 Paulius Andriekus <
> [hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
>> Hey folks. I remember back in the day, when I was getting started with
>> localising Firefox for Lithuanian, there was a tool/place where it was
>> possible to see some stats about the usage of Firefox for a specified
>> locale (in my case Lithuanian). It was an interesting and motivational
>> piece of information.
>>
>> I wonder if it's still possible to get some information about locale
>> usage?
>>
>> --
>> *Paulius*

*Paulius*