Linux packages with Mozilla LDAP

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Linux packages with Mozilla LDAP

Jyri J. Virkki

I've been searching in Debian & Ubuntu and wasn't able to find a package
with the Mozilla LDAP library. Is one available? If not, any particular
historical reason why not?

(I can build the library, but I'd like to build an unrelated package
which in turn depends on the Mozilla LDAP library so it would be most
convenient if I can point at a package dependency to fulfill that need.)

Thanks..
--
Jyri J. Virkki - Santa Cruz, CA
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-ldap mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-ldap
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Linux packages with Mozilla LDAP

Rich Megginson
On 02/21/2011 07:06 PM, Jyri J. Virkki wrote:
>
> I've been searching in Debian & Ubuntu and wasn't able to find a package
> with the Mozilla LDAP library. Is one available? If not, any particular
> historical reason why not?

None of the Mozilla LDAP C SDK developers and maintainers use
Debian/Ubuntu, afaik.  There was some effort a couple of years ago
within the Debian/Ubuntu community to produce .debs for mozldap.  I
don't know what happened to that effort.

>
> (I can build the library, but I'd like to build an unrelated package
> which in turn depends on the Mozilla LDAP library so it would be most
> convenient if I can point at a package dependency to fulfill that need.)

Which unrelated package?  If it is 389/Fedora Directory Server, please
contact me directly.

>
> Thanks..

_______________________________________________
dev-tech-ldap mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-ldap
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Linux packages with Mozilla LDAP

Jyri J. Virkki
Rich Megginson wrote:
>
> None of the Mozilla LDAP C SDK developers and maintainers use
> Debian/Ubuntu, afaik.  There was some effort a couple of years ago
> within the Debian/Ubuntu community to produce .debs for mozldap.  I
> don't know what happened to that effort.

Thanks. If I come up with some spare time I'll look into making such
a package available, it'd be useful.

> Which unrelated package?  If it is 389/Fedora Directory Server, please
> contact me directly.

It's not. I'm looking to build the open source version of the old
Netscape/iPlanet/Sun Web Server.

--
Jyri J. Virkki - Santa Cruz, CA
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-ldap mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-ldap
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Linux packages with Mozilla LDAP

Jyri J. Virkki
In reply to this post by Rich Megginson
Rich Megginson wrote:
>
> None of the Mozilla LDAP C SDK developers and maintainers use
> Debian/Ubuntu, afaik.  There was some effort a couple of years ago
> within the Debian/Ubuntu community to produce .debs for mozldap.  I
> don't know what happened to that effort.

Thanks. If I come up with some spare time I'll look into making such
a package available, it'd be useful.

> Which unrelated package?  If it is 389/Fedora Directory Server, please
> contact me directly.

It's not. I'm looking to build the open source version of the old
Netscape/iPlanet/Sun Web Server.

--
Jyri J. Virkki - Santa Cruz, CA
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-ldap mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-ldap