Linux Seccomp support

sivmu
Firefox does seem to already have support for seccomp filter on linux
and this seems to be used in the nightly version of firefox.
However I have not found much activity on this topic and I was wondering
if seccomp will be available for the stable release of firefox any time
soon.

Re: Linux Seccomp support

Frederik Braun
Yes, there will be, but I can't really say how soon.

The Sandbox wiki page covers the current status, so keep checking back
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Sandbox>. I'll leave it to others to
provide more details.

On 26.01.2017 03:52, sivmu wrote:

> Firefox does seem to already have support for seccomp filter on linux
> and this seems to be used in the nightly version of firefox.
> However I have not found much activity on this topic and I was wondering
> if seccomp will be available for the stable release of firefox any time
> soon.

Re: Linux Seccomp support

Julian Hector
Hey, you can checkout https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Sandbox, the
ongoing sandboxing work is documented there and is updated regularly.

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 8:24 AM, Frederik Braun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, there will be, but I can't really say how soon.
>
> The Sandbox wiki page covers the current status, so keep checking back
> <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Sandbox>. I'll leave it to others to
> provide more details.
>
> On 26.01.2017 03:52, sivmu wrote:
> > Firefox does seem to already have support for seccomp filter on linux
> > and this seems to be used in the nightly version of firefox.
> > However I have not found much activity on this topic and I was wondering
> > if seccomp will be available for the stable release of firefox any time
> > soon.

Re: Linux Seccomp support

sivmu
Thanks for the info

Am 26.01.2017 um 16:27 schrieb Julian Hector:

> Hey, you can checkout https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Sandbox, the
> ongoing sandboxing work is documented there and is updated regularly.
>
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 8:24 AM, Frederik Braun <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Yes, there will be, but I can't really say how soon.
>>
>> The Sandbox wiki page covers the current status, so keep checking back
>> <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Sandbox>. I'll leave it to others to
>> provide more details.
>>
>> On 26.01.2017 03:52, sivmu wrote:
>>> Firefox does seem to already have support for seccomp filter on linux
>>> and this seems to be used in the nightly version of firefox.
>>> However I have not found much activity on this topic and I was wondering
>>> if seccomp will be available for the stable release of firefox any time
>>> soon.

Re: Linux Seccomp support

ptheriault@mozilla.com
Just to answer your initial question, since that page has a lot of
information, seccomp for linux is targeted to land in Fx53. But follow this
page for updates to this schedule.