Linking right & left pane in Bookmark Organizer

Linking right & left pane in Bookmark Organizer

Wilson-22
First off, I want to thank everyone that works hard on this 'free' project &
will probably always still with Mozilla unless it really wanders off the
reservation, but one problem still exists and it's been explained here quite
a few times.

When in the bookmark organizer and you search on something you know
represents a saved bookmark, hovering over the resulting list in the right
pane should highlight or with another mechanism indicate which folder in the
left pane that result came from. Unless I'm missing something, that isn't
happening yet.

It's a housekeeping thing where overtime, I might get multiple entries saved
in different sub-folders for the same url and want to get rid of multiples
or revise the folder name. I just want to know which folder a particular url
is stored in. TIA
--
Wilson N44º39" W67º12"

Re: Linking right & left pane in Bookmark Organizer

RAV-2
[hidden email] wrote:

> First off, I want to thank everyone that works hard on this 'free'
> project & will probably always still with Mozilla unless it really
> wanders off the reservation, but one problem still exists and it's been
> explained here quite a few times.
>
> When in the bookmark organizer and you search on something you know
> represents a saved bookmark, hovering over the resulting list in the
> right pane should highlight or with another mechanism indicate which
> folder in the left pane that result came from. Unless I'm missing
> something, that isn't happening yet.
>
> It's a housekeeping thing where overtime, I might get multiple entries
> saved in different sub-folders for the same url and want to get rid of
> multiples or revise the folder name. I just want to know which folder a
> particular url is stored in. TIA

If I understand you correctly, I agree that FireFox should have "Parent
Folder" be available as a column by default.  It doesn't, though, but
there is an add-on which I use called "Show Parent Folder" which does
add that column.  After you install it, in Organize Bookmarks,
right-click on the column headings in the right-hand pane and select
Parent Folder.  See https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7372
.

Re: Linking right & left pane in Bookmark Organizer

Wilson-22
sometime in the recent past Rav posted this:

> [hidden email] wrote:
>> First off, I want to thank everyone that works hard on this 'free'
>> project & will probably always still with Mozilla unless it really
>> wanders off the reservation, but one problem still exists and it's
>> been explained here quite a few times.
>>
>> When in the bookmark organizer and you search on something you know
>> represents a saved bookmark, hovering over the resulting list in the
>> right pane should highlight or with another mechanism indicate which
>> folder in the left pane that result came from. Unless I'm missing
>> something, that isn't happening yet.
>>
>> It's a housekeeping thing where overtime, I might get multiple entries
>> saved in different sub-folders for the same url and want to get rid of
>> multiples or revise the folder name. I just want to know which folder
>> a particular url is stored in. TIA
>
> If I understand you correctly, I agree that FireFox should have "Parent
> Folder" be available as a column by default.  It doesn't, though, but
> there is an add-on which I use called "Show Parent Folder" which does
> add that column.  After you install it, in Organize Bookmarks,
> right-click on the column headings in the right-hand pane and select
> Parent Folder.  See https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7372
> .
Thanks much. That helps quite a bit. I'll have to work with it more, but do
appreciate the point in the right direction.

--
Wilson N44º39" W67º12"

Re: Linking right & left pane in Bookmark Organizer

Miles-4
* Rav wrote, On 11/24/2008 10:04:

> [hidden email] wrote:
>> First off, I want to thank everyone that works hard on this 'free'
>> project & will probably always still with Mozilla unless it really
>> wanders off the reservation, but one problem still exists and it's been
>> explained here quite a few times.
>>
>> When in the bookmark organizer and you search on something you know
>> represents a saved bookmark, hovering over the resulting list in the
>> right pane should highlight or with another mechanism indicate which
>> folder in the left pane that result came from. Unless I'm missing
>> something, that isn't happening yet.
>>
>> It's a housekeeping thing where overtime, I might get multiple entries
>> saved in different sub-folders for the same url and want to get rid of
>> multiples or revise the folder name. I just want to know which folder a
>> particular url is stored in. TIA
>
> If I understand you correctly, I agree that FireFox should have "Parent
> Folder" be available as a column by default.  It doesn't, though, but
> there is an add-on which I use called "Show Parent Folder" which does
> add that column.  After you install it, in Organize Bookmarks,
> right-click on the column headings in the right-hand pane and select
> Parent Folder.  See https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7372
> .

In association with Show Parent Folder you might also consider the
extension Go Parent Folder 1.6.

Re: Linking right & left pane in Bookmark Organizer

Wilson-22
sometime in the recent past Miles posted this:

> * Rav wrote, On 11/24/2008 10:04:
>> [hidden email] wrote:
>>> First off, I want to thank everyone that works hard on this 'free'
>>> project & will probably always still with Mozilla unless it really
>>> wanders off the reservation, but one problem still exists and it's
>>> been explained here quite a few times.
>>>
>>> When in the bookmark organizer and you search on something you know
>>> represents a saved bookmark, hovering over the resulting list in the
>>> right pane should highlight or with another mechanism indicate which
>>> folder in the left pane that result came from. Unless I'm missing
>>> something, that isn't happening yet.
>>>
>>> It's a housekeeping thing where overtime, I might get multiple
>>> entries saved in different sub-folders for the same url and want to
>>> get rid of multiples or revise the folder name. I just want to know
>>> which folder a particular url is stored in. TIA
>>
>> If I understand you correctly, I agree that FireFox should have
>> "Parent Folder" be available as a column by default.  It doesn't,
>> though, but there is an add-on which I use called "Show Parent Folder"
>> which does add that column.  After you install it, in Organize
>> Bookmarks, right-click on the column headings in the right-hand pane
>> and select Parent Folder.  See
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7372
>> .
>
> In association with Show Parent Folder you might also consider the
> extension Go Parent Folder 1.6.

Excellent, that really rounds it out. In fact, I have to check and see if
this stands alone without 'Show Parent Folder' as it really does what I
originally asked for - you gotta love time savers!!  ;-)

--
Wilson N44º39" W67º12"