Link to help in Thunderbird

Eduardo Trápani
Hi,

In es-AR, when I press F1 my browser opens:

https://support.live.mozillamessaging.com/es-AR/thunderbird/20171028074406/

that redirects to:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/thunderbird

but not to:

https://support.mozilla.org/es-AR/products/thunderbird which in turn
would redirect to:

https://support.mozilla.org/es/products/thunderbird

as I expected. How can that be fixed? Is it a localization issue?

Eduardo.

Re: Link to help in Thunderbird

Michal Stanke-2
Hi Eduardo.

I am travelling at this moment. I will check late today or tomorrow. I
guess it's some broken redirect. At this moment I am not sure where the
redirects from the Mozilla Messaging Support are, but I will check with the
SUMO team.

--
Michal Stanke

Dne 11. 12. 2017 8:33 dopoledne napsal uživatel "Michal Stanke" <
[hidden email]>:

> Hi Eduardo.
>
> I am travelling at this moment. I will check late today or tomorrow. I
> guess it's some broken redirect. At this moment I am not sure where the
> redirects from the Mozilla Messaging Support are, but I will check with the
> SUMO team.
>
> --
> Michal Stanke
>

> Dne 11. 12. 2017 7:08 dopoledne napsal uživatel "Eduardo Trápani" <
> [hidden email]>:
>
> Hi,
>
> In es-AR, when I press F1 my browser opens:
>
> https://support.live.mozillamessaging.com/es-AR/thunderbird/
> 20171028074406/
>
> that redirects to:
>
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/thunderbird
>
> but not to:
>
> https://support.mozilla.org/es-AR/products/thunderbird which in turn
> would redirect to:
>
> https://support.mozilla.org/es/products/thunderbird
>
> as I expected. How can that be fixed? Is it a localization issue?
>
> Eduardo.

Re: Link to help in Thunderbird

Michal Stanke-2
Hi Eduardo.

I have checked how the redirections work, and anything from the
support.live.mozillamessaging.com domain (e.g.
https://support.live.mozillamessaging.com/foo/bar) is first redirected to
its root (https://support.mozillamessaging.com/), which in turns redirects
to https://support.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird. Then the regular SUMO
mechanism for languages kicks off and redirects you to the version
according to your browser accepted languages. So in my case typing
https://support.live.mozillamessaging.com/es-AR/thunderbird/20171028074406/
in the address bar takes me to
https://support.mozilla.org/cs/products/thunderbird.

I am not sure if it would be safe to change the way the old link
redirection works, and even if that's possible. Philipp do you think it's
possible to update the links in Thunderbird to link to SUMO directly and
thus force the language according to Thunderbird locale?

--
Michal

> Hi Eduardo.
>
> I am travelling at this moment. I will check late today or tomorrow. I
> guess it's some broken redirect. At this moment I am not sure where the
> redirects from the Mozilla Messaging Support are, but I will check with the
> SUMO team.
>
> --
> Michal Stanke
>
> Dne 11. 12. 2017 8:33 dopoledne napsal uživatel "Michal Stanke" <
> [hidden email]>:
>
> Hi Eduardo.
>>
>> I am travelling at this moment. I will check late today or tomorrow. I
>> guess it's some broken redirect. At this moment I am not sure where the
>> redirects from the Mozilla Messaging Support are, but I will check with the
>> SUMO team.
>>
>> --
>> Michal Stanke
>>

>> Dne 11. 12. 2017 7:08 dopoledne napsal uživatel "Eduardo Trápani" <
>> [hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In es-AR, when I press F1 my browser opens:
>>
>> https://support.live.mozillamessaging.com/es-AR/thunderbird/
>> 20171028074406/
>>
>> that redirects to:
>>
>> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/thunderbird
>>
>> but not to:
>>
>> https://support.mozilla.org/es-AR/products/thunderbird which in turn
>> would redirect to:
>>
>> https://support.mozilla.org/es/products/thunderbird
>>
>> as I expected. How can that be fixed? Is it a localization issue?
>>
>> Eduardo.

Re: Link to help in Thunderbird

Eduardo Trápani
Thanks Michal. Is Philipp following the thread?

I'd like to know where the link actually is. Maybe we can change it at
the source to point diretly to the localized pages and skip all those
redirections. Do you know where that link lives?

I have Firefox (eo) and Thunderbird (es-AR) and that means I get the
help pages in English! I guess other people have mismatched locales,
between browser and Thunderbird...

On 11/12/17 23:23, Michal Stanke wrote:

> [...]
>

>         Dne 11. 12. 2017 7:08 dopoledne napsal uživatel "Eduardo
>         Trápani" <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>             Hi,
>
>             In es-AR, when I press F1 my browser opens:
>
>             https://support.live.mozillamessaging.com/es-AR/thunderbird/20171028074406/
>             <https://support.live.mozillamessaging.com/es-AR/thunderbird/20171028074406/>
>
>             that redirects to:
>
>             https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/thunderbird
>             <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/thunderbird>
>
>             but not to:
>
>             https://support.mozilla.org/es-AR/products/thunderbird
>             <https://support.mozilla.org/es-AR/products/thunderbird>
>             which in turn
>             would redirect to:
>
>             https://support.mozilla.org/es/products/thunderbird
>             <https://support.mozilla.org/es/products/thunderbird>
>
>             as I expected. How can that be fixed? Is it a localization

Sorry, I forgot to CC him. Doing that now.

eo is not in SUMO, that's why you are redirected to en there, I see.

--
Michal Stanke

Dne 12. 12. 2017 12:46 napsal uživatel "Eduardo Trápani" <[hidden email]