Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib Referenced from: /Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle

Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib Referenced from: /Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle

jainraje
HI,

My bugzilla installation has been running fine until today when I used home-brew to update a non related package. Home brew installed a newer version of openssl and I'm now getting the following error:

install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load '/Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle' for module DBD::mysql: dlopen(/Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle, 1): Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle
  Reason: image not found at /System/Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level/DynaLoader.pm line 194.
 at (eval 358) line 3.
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
 at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 1296.

The old openssl library libssl.1.0.0.dylib was removed and a new library libssl.1.1.dylib installed.

My understanding is some package needs to be recompiled or some paths need to be changed but I'm unclear what steps to do to resolve this for myself.

Any suggestion on how to resolve will be greatly appreciated.

Thx,
--Rajeev

Re: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib Referenced from: /Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle

jainraje
Hello Thorsten,

Thank you for your reply.

> Try to upgrade DBD::MySQL using home-brew as well. If that doesn't
> work, you can try to use install-module.pl of Bugzilla to install a
> private version of DBD::MySQL for Bugzilla only, which might be more
> recent and might support the new OpenSSL.

I did a force reinstall of DBD::Mysql as follows:

sudo cpan -f DBD::mysql

That fixed the issue!

I'm very happy.

All the best,