Quantcast

Latest version of Mozilla LDAP?

dbhinz
What is the latest version of LDAP available?

I see 6.0.6 in the ftp directory, but the hq.mozilla.org/projects/ldap-sdks shows that 6.0.7 is about to be released?  I also thought I saw mention of 6.0.8 somewhere.

(Once again the Mozilla Directory web site doesn't reflect any of this or the versions of NSS / NSPR that should be used.  Can I help with updating the web site?)

David.

Re: Latest version of Mozilla LDAP?

Rich Megginson
On 01/28/2011 11:08 AM, David B Hinz wrote:
> What is the latest version of LDAP available?
> I see 6.0.6 in the ftp directory, but the
> hq.mozilla.org/projects/ldap-sdks shows that 6.0.7 is about to be
> released? I also thought I saw mention of 6.0.8 somewhere.

I think the Thunderbird guys have made some patches that they would like
to get into an official mozldap release and they are calling it 6.0.7.
Not aware of a 6.0.8.

> (Once again the Mozilla Directory web site doesn't reflect any of this
> or the versions of NSS / NSPR that should be used. Can I help with
> updating the web site?)

Sure.  Are you a developer?  Do you use mozldap?  Would you be
interested in helping with maintenance?

> David.

Re: Latest version of Mozilla LDAP?

Mark Banner-2
On 28/01/2011 20:36, Rich Megginson wrote:
> On 01/28/2011 11:08 AM, David B Hinz wrote:
>> What is the latest version of LDAP available?
>> I see 6.0.6 in the ftp directory, but the
>> hq.mozilla.org/projects/ldap-sdks shows that 6.0.7 is about to be
>> released? I also thought I saw mention of 6.0.8 somewhere.
>
> I think the Thunderbird guys have made some patches that they would like
> to get into an official mozldap release and they are calling it 6.0.7.
> Not aware of a 6.0.8.

We have made 6.0.7, I'm waiting for you to upload it ;-)

>> (Once again the Mozilla Directory web site doesn't reflect any of this
>> or the versions of NSS / NSPR that should be used. Can I help with
>> updating the web site?)

I'd been waiting on Rich to upload the release before updating the web page.

Standard8

On 01/31/2011 05:10 AM, Mark Banner wrote:

> On 28/01/2011 20:36, Rich Megginson wrote:
>> On 01/28/2011 11:08 AM, David B Hinz wrote:
>>> What is the latest version of LDAP available?
>>> I see 6.0.6 in the ftp directory, but the
>>> hq.mozilla.org/projects/ldap-sdks shows that 6.0.7 is about to be
>>> released? I also thought I saw mention of 6.0.8 somewhere.
>>
>> I think the Thunderbird guys have made some patches that they would like
>> to get into an official mozldap release and they are calling it 6.0.7.
>> Not aware of a 6.0.8.
>
> We have made 6.0.7, I'm waiting for you to upload it ;-)
>
>>> (Once again the Mozilla Directory web site doesn't reflect any of this
>>> or the versions of NSS / NSPR that should be used. Can I help with
>>> updating the web site?)
>
> I'd been waiting on Rich to upload the release before updating the web
> page.

Sorry about that.  I've pushed the source tarball and README to
stage.mozilla.org.  This is what I did:

hg clone http://hg.mozilla.org/projects/ldap-sdks
cd ldap-sdks
hg archive -p mozldap-6.0.7 -r LDAPCSDK_6_0_7_RTM -t tgz -I ldapsdk.mak
-I ldapsdk.mk -I c-sdk mozldap-6.0.7.tar.gz

NOTE: the format of the .tar.gz file has changed.  The file/directory
layout used to look like this:

mozldap-VER/mozilla/directory/
mozldap-VER/mozilla/directory/Makefile
mozldap-VER/mozilla/directory/ldapsdk.mak
mozldap-VER/mozilla/directory/ldapsdk.mk
mozldap-VER/mozilla/directory/c-sdk/

I have collapsed the directories to be this instead:
mozldap-VER/
mozldap-VER/ldapsdk.mak
mozldap-VER/ldapsdk.mk
mozldap-VER/c-sdk/

The top level Makefile has disappeared from the hg repo - I don't think
it was needed.

> Standard8

Re: Latest version of Mozilla LDAP?

Helium-3
I am a .net developer and have no experience in using the mozilla
builds.

Can someone provide a detail steps on how to compile the ldap sdk for
windows server 2008 R2 64bit?
What are the packages required before building?

On 01/02/2011 08:48, Helium wrote:
> I am a .net developer and have no experience in using the mozilla
> builds.
>
> Can someone provide a detail steps on how to compile the ldap sdk for
> windows server 2008 R2 64bit?
> What are the packages required before building?

Its all on the wiki page:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/LDAP_C_SDK

Standard8

Re: Latest version of Mozilla LDAP?

Helium-3
I have followed the steps in wiki and installed the components in
window 2003 server:
MozillaBuildSetup-Latest.exe
mozldap-6.0.7.tar.gz
nss-3.12.9-with-nspr-4.8.7.tar.gz

after I did the following:
cd mozilla/directory/c-sdk
./configure --with-nss --enable-clu [--enable-64bit]
make

it displays many errors:
eg.
d:\mozilla\directory\c-sdk\ldap\libraries\libprldap\ldappr-int.h(45) :
fatal err
or C1083: Cannot open include file: 'nspr.h': No such file or
directory

i cannot find any information for nspr.h in this discussion group
please tell me what is missing in the builds and how to fix?
how can i identify the building process is completed sucessfully?

beisdes, i had read 64bit build steps at
http://wiki.mozilla-x86-64.com/How_To_Build_Windows_x64_Build
but it seems to simple for a dummy like me
it there more inforamtion for building 64bit version?