Late RC 3 and release

Eugene Tucker
I know we all get impatient. But it should be remembered that as far as
OS/2 and eCS are concerned this is an all volunteer effort and we really
have very few volunteers compared to the other OS's. If we get impatient
we too can get the GCC complier and make the release port. Otherwise it
will be out when it is ready. People have lives and sometimes things
happen to prevent them from completing a hobby project. I am not going
to complain.

Re: Late RC 3 and release

Peter Weilbacher
Eugene Tucker wrote:
> I know we all get impatient. But it should be remembered that as far as
> OS/2 and eCS are concerned this is an all volunteer effort and we really
> have very few volunteers compared to the other OS's. If we get impatient
> we too can get the GCC complier and make the release port. Otherwise it
> will be out when it is ready. People have lives and sometimes things
> happen to prevent them from completing a hobby project. I am not going
> to complain.

In case somebody is waiting for the enhanced version "PmW-Fx" 2.0: I
will try to release it end of this week. Hopefully together with the
Gecko 1.8.0.8-based releases and betas of PmW-Tb 2.0 and my enhanced
SeaMonkey 1.1.
   Peter.
--
Please      Unofficial builds: http://weilbacher.org/Mozilla/builds.html
reply in        (reload the _frame_ for the current version of the page)

Re: Late RC 3 and release

Walter Meinl

Peter Weilbacher wrote:
> Eugene Tucker wrote:
> > I know we all get impatient. But it should be remembered that as far as
> > OS/2 and eCS are concerned this is an all volunteer effort and we really
> > have very few volunteers compared to the other OS's. If we get impatient
> > we too can get the GCC complier and make the release port. Otherwise it
> > will be out when it is ready. People have lives and sometimes things
> > happen to prevent them from completing a hobby project. I am not going
> > to complain.

I don't mind that there's no rc3 out yet. According to the experiences
with linux, I found no major differences between rc2 and rc3, and of
course there were only very few changes in the code, that may have been
seen only under special circumstances. Anyway, I found on
mozillazine.org that the final release will come probably
tomorrow......

Asa wrote:
Firefox 2.0 Final
Lots of folks have been sending me emails asking if the Tuesday release
reported at various places is accurate. Yes. Unless something
unexpected happens, we'll be shipping Firefox 2 on Tuesday.

Re: Late RC 3 and release

Carl Gehr-2
Peter Weilbacher wrote:

> Eugene Tucker wrote:
>> I know we all get impatient. But it should be remembered that as far as
>> OS/2 and eCS are concerned this is an all volunteer effort and we really
>> have very few volunteers compared to the other OS's. If we get impatient
>> we too can get the GCC complier and make the release port. Otherwise it
>> will be out when it is ready. People have lives and sometimes things
>> happen to prevent them from completing a hobby project. I am not going
>> to complain.
>
> In case somebody is waiting for the enhanced version "PmW-Fx" 2.0: I
> will try to release it end of this week. Hopefully together with the
> Gecko 1.8.0.8-based releases and betas of PmW-Tb 2.0 and my enhanced
> SeaMonkey 1.1.
>    Peter.
Peter, just curious:  How does your SeaMonkey 1.1 relate/compare to FF
2.0?  I seem to have a problem keeping up with all of the release
variations.  [If it is already documented somewhere else, feel free to
just point me in the right direction.   Last thing I want to do is take
you away from your real objectives for my dumb questions!

THANKS,
Carl

Re: Late RC 3 and release

Steve Wendt
Carl Gehr wrote:

> How does your SeaMonkey 1.1 relate/compare to FF 2.0?

Seamonkey 1.1 and Firefox 2.0 are both built on Mozilla/Gecko 1.8.1.  In
other words, the back-end code is the same.

In a similar vein, Seamonkey 1.5 and Firefox 3.0 will both be built on
Mozilla/Gecko 1.9.

Re: Late RC 3 and release

Michael Kaply-2
Eugene Tucker wrote:
> I know we all get impatient. But it should be remembered that as far as
> OS/2 and eCS are concerned this is an all volunteer effort and we really
> have very few volunteers compared to the other OS's. If we get impatient
> we too can get the GCC complier and make the release port. Otherwise it
> will be out when it is ready. People have lives and sometimes things
> happen to prevent them from completing a hobby project. I am not going
> to complain.

Thank you.

I have two words:

stomach flu

I'm building the official release right now.

Mike Kaply

Re: Late RC 3 and release

Eugene Tucker
Michael Kaply wrote:

> Eugene Tucker wrote:
>> I know we all get impatient. But it should be remembered that as far
>> as OS/2 and eCS are concerned this is an all volunteer effort and we
>> really have very few volunteers compared to the other OS's. If we get
>> impatient we too can get the GCC complier and make the release port.
>> Otherwise it will be out when it is ready. People have lives and
>> sometimes things happen to prevent them from completing a hobby
>> project. I am not going to complain.
>
> Thank you.
>
> I have two words:
>
> stomach flu
>
> I'm building the official release right now.
>
> Mike Kaply

Well hope you get to feeling better. I had it for a week myself. Not fun!

Flu, was Re: Late RC 3 and release

Michael DeBusk-2
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:05:12 -0500, Michael Kaply <moc.mbi.su@ylpakm> wrote:

>  I have two words:
>
>  stomach flu

It's heding for flu season, everyone, and the sooner you get your flu
shot, the better off you (and everyone around you) will be. I'm still
waiting on my employer to get enough vaccine. You'd think hospitals
would be a higher priority among those who sell such drugs, but no...

>  I'm building the official release right now.

Thanks. Looking forward to trying it out. Feel better soon.