Larry Ellison - Just Another Tool

1234 ... 34

Larry Ellison - Just Another Tool

Sailfish-4
REF:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57598279-93/oracles-larry-ellison-googles-larry-page-acted-evil/

[excerpt quote=\"
*Oracles Larry Ellison, Google's Larry Page acted evil*

Rose asked Ellison at what point would NSA's data collection and
surveillance activities alarm him.

"If the government used it to do political targeting. If the Democrats
used it to go after Republicans. If the Republicans used it to go after
Democrats. In other words, if it became -- if we stop looking for
terrorists and we started looking for people with -- on the other side
of the aisle," he said.
\" /]

Talk about someone who is either outright lying or naive beyond
imagination. Administrations have used this and any other data to go
after their political opponents for years. Also, his lack of concerns
about the abuses of the 4th Amendment as it relates to individuals is
'evil-thinking', imo

--
Sailfish

Re: Larry Ellison - Just Another Tool

Was Greywolf
On 2013-08-14 9:51 PM, Sailfish wrote:

> REF:
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57598279-93/oracles-larry-ellison-googles-larry-page-acted-evil/
>

> [excerpt quote=\"
> *Oracles Larry Ellison, Google's Larry Page acted evil*
>
> Rose asked Ellison at what point would NSA's data collection and
> surveillance activities alarm him.
>
> "If the government used it to do political targeting. If the Democrats
> used it to go after Republicans. If the Republicans used it to go after
> Democrats. In other words, if it became -- if we stop looking for
> terrorists and we started looking for people with -- on the other side
> of the aisle," he said.
> \" /]
>
> Talk about someone who is either outright lying or naive beyond
> imagination. Administrations have used this and any other data to go
> after their political opponents for years. Also, his lack of concerns
> about the abuses of the 4th Amendment as it relates to individuals is
> 'evil-thinking', imo

What having to register to vote, and give your party preference, or
"none"? Saves a heap of work compiling supporter/opponent lists.

--
Best,
Wolf K.

Re: Larry Ellison - Just Another Tool

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Was Greywolf graced us with on
8/15/2013 8:36 AM:

> On 2013-08-14 9:51 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> REF:
>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57598279-93/oracles-larry-ellison-googles-larry-page-acted-evil/
>>

>> [excerpt quote=\"
>> *Oracles Larry Ellison, Google's Larry Page acted evil*
>>
>> Rose asked Ellison at what point would NSA's data collection and
>> surveillance activities alarm him.
>>
>> "If the government used it to do political targeting. If the Democrats
>> used it to go after Republicans. If the Republicans used it to go after
>> Democrats. In other words, if it became -- if we stop looking for
>> terrorists and we started looking for people with -- on the other side
>> of the aisle," he said.
>> \" /]
>>
>> Talk about someone who is either outright lying or naive beyond
>> imagination. Administrations have used this and any other data to go
>> after their political opponents for years. Also, his lack of concerns
>> about the abuses of the 4th Amendment as it relates to individuals is
>> 'evil-thinking', imo
>
> What having to register to vote, and give your party preference, or
> "none"? Saves a heap of work compiling supporter/opponent lists.

I believe one has to specify an affiliation. The closest to "none" is
Independent, which is my affiliation. What's really needed on ballots is
the "None of the above" selection, though.

--
Sailfish

Re: Larry Ellison - Just Another Tool

Ron Hunter
On 8/15/2013 11:47 AM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Was Greywolf graced us with on
> 8/15/2013 8:36 AM:
>> On 2013-08-14 9:51 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> REF:
>>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57598279-93/oracles-larry-ellison-googles-larry-page-acted-evil/
>>>

>>> [excerpt quote=\"
>>> *Oracles Larry Ellison, Google's Larry Page acted evil*
>>>
>>> Rose asked Ellison at what point would NSA's data collection and
>>> surveillance activities alarm him.
>>>
>>> "If the government used it to do political targeting. If the Democrats
>>> used it to go after Republicans. If the Republicans used it to go after
>>> Democrats. In other words, if it became -- if we stop looking for
>>> terrorists and we started looking for people with -- on the other side
>>> of the aisle," he said.
>>> \" /]
>>>
>>> Talk about someone who is either outright lying or naive beyond
>>> imagination. Administrations have used this and any other data to go
>>> after their political opponents for years. Also, his lack of concerns
>>> about the abuses of the 4th Amendment as it relates to individuals is
>>> 'evil-thinking', imo
>>
>> What having to register to vote, and give your party preference, or
>> "none"? Saves a heap of work compiling supporter/opponent lists.
>>
> I believe one has to specify an affiliation. The closest to "none" is
> Independent, which is my affiliation. What's really needed on ballots is
> the "None of the above" selection, though.

I don't believe one has to choose any affiliation here.  Never recall
doing so, but it you vote in a primary, you get stamped with that
party's label.

On 2013-08-15 12:47 PM, Sailfish wrote:
> My bloviated meandering follows what Was Greywolf graced us with on
> 8/15/2013 8:36 AM:
[...]
>> What [about] having to register to vote, and give your party preference, or
>> "none"? Saves a heap of work compiling supporter/opponent lists.
>>
> I believe one has to specify an affiliation. The closest to "none" is
> Independent, which is my affiliation. What's really needed on ballots is
> the "None of the above" selection, though.

Here in Canada, specifying your party affiliation on a publicly
available form would not be legal, as it would be the same as requiring
you to let people to know how you voted. It's supposed to be a secret
ballot.

We don't vote by party, we vote by candidate's name. The candidate's
affiliation is printed on the ballot, of course, in case you've
forgotten who you intended to vote for. ;-) It's all paper ballots, no
electronic gizmos.

The voter list is made up from our income tax forms. We don't "register"
to vote. It used to be done by door-to-door "enumeration". Now, a card
is mailed to your last-known address. At voting time, you bring the card
plus ID. No voter card means you're not on the voter list. Someone on
the voter list can swear an affidavit you are who you say you are. Or
you can swear one yourself. The affidavit is kept until all possible
objections to the vote have been dealt with, then it's destroyed along
with the ballots.

I agree with the "None of the Above" choice. It would be quite popular
here, I think. Might even win the election in some ridings (voting
districts). ;-)

Have a good one,

PS: in Canada, the right to vote is absolute.

--
Best,
Wolf K.

Re: Larry Ellison - Just Another Tool

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Was Greywolf graced us with on
8/15/2013 1:05 PM:

> On 2013-08-15 12:47 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Was Greywolf graced us with on
>> 8/15/2013 8:36 AM:
> [...]
>>> What [about] having to register to vote, and give your party
>>> preference, or
>>> "none"? Saves a heap of work compiling supporter/opponent lists.
>>>
>> I believe one has to specify an affiliation. The closest to "none" is
>> Independent, which is my affiliation. What's really needed on ballots is
>> the "None of the above" selection, though.
>
> Here in Canada, specifying your party affiliation on a publicly
> available form would not be legal, as it would be the same as requiring
> you to let people to know how you voted. It's supposed to be a secret
> ballot.

Our ballots don't have any identifying information on them, the
declaration is for when one registers. It's primarily used for
primaries; especially in states where voters are only allowed to vote
for candidates in their registered party affiliation.

> We don't vote by party, we vote by candidate's name. The candidate's
> affiliation is printed on the ballot, of course, in case you've
> forgotten who you intended to vote for. ;-) It's all paper ballots, no
> electronic gizmos.
>
> The voter list is made up from our income tax forms. We don't "register"
> to vote. It used to be done by door-to-door "enumeration". Now, a card
> is mailed to your last-known address. At voting time, you bring the card
> plus ID. No voter card means you're not on the voter list. Someone on
> the voter list can swear an affidavit you are who you say you are. Or
> you can swear one yourself. The affidavit is kept until all possible
> objections to the vote have been dealt with, then it's destroyed along
> with the ballots.

Sadly, no ID is required in many states.

> I agree with the "None of the Above" choice. It would be quite popular
> here, I think. Might even win the election in some ridings (voting
> districts). ;-)

And the probable reason why pols have refused to allow it on the ballots.

> PS: in Canada, the right to vote is absolute.

Even for non-citizens?

On 2013-08-15 5:13 PM, Sailfish wrote:
> My bloviated meandering follows what Was Greywolf graced us with on
> 8/15/2013 1:05 PM:
[...]
>> PS: in Canada, the right to vote is absolute.
>>
> Even for non-citizens?

No. I'll quote the relevant sections.

Quote:

CONSTITUTION ACT, 1982 (80)
1982, c. 11 (U.K.), Schedule B
PART I
CANADIAN CHARTER OF RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS

  Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy
of God and the rule of law:

Guarantee of Rights and Freedoms

1. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and
freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed
by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.

Democratic Rights
3. Every citizen of Canada has the right to vote in an election of
members of the House of Commons or of a legislative assembly and to be
qualified for membership therein.

End Quote

A reasonable limit on the right to vote is age. If you are an adult
citizen, you have the right to vote, no restrictions. All the Democratic
Rights are framed in terms of "Every citizen".

All other rights are framed in terms of "everyone" or "every person",
and apply to every person in Canada. Even visitors.

The Charter refers to "supremacy of God", but not to any one religion.
Section 33 allows legislature to enact a law that contravenes certain
listed sections of the Charter, providing a Declaration to that effect
is made, and subject to automatic lapse of the law after 5 years. Not
that any legislatirt5e has done os, and I doubt any legislature ever
will. Politically just too difficult, given that all our governments
(except Alberta's) have been elected by a minority of the electorate.

You can find the whole thing here:
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/Const/page-15.html#h-40
and
http://publications.gc.ca/collections/Collection/CH37-4-3-2002E.pdf

--
Best,
Wolf K.

On 8/15/2013 3:05 PM, Was Greywolf wrote:

> On 2013-08-15 12:47 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Was Greywolf graced us with on
>> 8/15/2013 8:36 AM:
> [...]
>>> What [about] having to register to vote, and give your party
>>> preference, or
>>> "none"? Saves a heap of work compiling supporter/opponent lists.
>>>
>> I believe one has to specify an affiliation. The closest to "none" is
>> Independent, which is my affiliation. What's really needed on ballots is
>> the "None of the above" selection, though.
>
> Here in Canada, specifying your party affiliation on a publicly
> available form would not be legal, as it would be the same as requiring
> you to let people to know how you voted. It's supposed to be a secret
> ballot.
>
> We don't vote by party, we vote by candidate's name. The candidate's
> affiliation is printed on the ballot, of course, in case you've
> forgotten who you intended to vote for. ;-) It's all paper ballots, no
> electronic gizmos.
>
> The voter list is made up from our income tax forms. We don't "register"
> to vote. It used to be done by door-to-door "enumeration". Now, a card
> is mailed to your last-known address. At voting time, you bring the card
> plus ID. No voter card means you're not on the voter list. Someone on
> the voter list can swear an affidavit you are who you say you are. Or
> you can swear one yourself. The affidavit is kept until all possible
> objections to the vote have been dealt with, then it's destroyed along
> with the ballots.
>
> I agree with the "None of the Above" choice. It would be quite popular
> here, I think. Might even win the election in some ridings (voting
> districts). ;-)
>
> Have a good one,
>
> PS: in Canada, the right to vote is absolute.

Absolute?  But if you don't pay taxes, you don't get to vote?  And many
states here don't even require an ID to vote!  Amazing.!

Re: Larry Ellison - Just Another Tool

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Was Greywolf graced us with on
8/15/2013 3:07 PM:

> On 2013-08-15 5:13 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Was Greywolf graced us with on
>> 8/15/2013 1:05 PM:
> [...]
>>> PS: in Canada, the right to vote is absolute.
>>>
>> Even for non-citizens?
>
> No. I'll quote the relevant sections.
>
> Quote:
>
> CONSTITUTION ACT, 1982 (80)
> 1982, c. 11 (U.K.), Schedule B
> PART I
> CANADIAN CHARTER OF RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS
>
>  Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy
> of God and the rule of law:
>
> Guarantee of Rights and Freedoms
>
> 1. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and
> freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed
> by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.

> Democratic Rights
> 3. Every citizen of Canada has the right to vote in an election of
> members of the House of Commons or of a legislative assembly and to be
> qualified for membership therein.
>
> End Quote
>
> A reasonable limit on the right to vote is age. If you are an adult
> citizen, you have the right to vote, no restrictions. All the Democratic
> Rights are framed in terms of "Every citizen".
>
> All other rights are framed in terms of "everyone" or "every person",
> and apply to every person in Canada. Even visitors.
>
> The Charter refers to "supremacy of God", but not to any one religion.
> Section 33 allows legislature to enact a law that contravenes certain
> listed sections of the Charter, providing a Declaration to that effect
> is made, and subject to automatic lapse of the law after 5 years. Not
> that any legislatirt5e has done os, and I doubt any legislature ever
> will. Politically just too difficult, given that all our governments
> (except Alberta's) have been elected by a minority of the electorate.
>
> You can find the whole thing here:
> http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/Const/page-15.html#h-40
> and
> http://publications.gc.ca/collections/Collection/CH37-4-3-2002E.pdf

Lucky you guys ... for now.

The one-worlders' aim is a centralized world government with hemispheres
of political and economic geographies. The manic push to have open
borders to the south will eventually extend to Canada, methinks.

On 2013-08-15 8:07 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
> On 8/15/2013 3:05 PM, Was Greywolf wrote:
[...]
>> PS: in Canada, the right to vote is absolute.
>>
> Absolute?  But if you don't pay taxes, you don't get to vote?  And many
> states here don't even require an ID to vote!  Amazing.

Sorry if my comment was obscure. Here's clarification. Hope it's enough.

Anyone who files an income return and agrees to let the Canada Revenue
Agency share the relevant information with Elections Canada gets on the
voter list, whether they pay tax or not. If you don't file a tax return,
you can still get on the voter list by filling out the appropriate
forms. This can be done at a Service Canada office. The only restriction
on voting rights is age. The exercise of your voting rights is up to
you, of course. In the last federal election barely 60% of electors
chose to do so.

If you have no ID, then anyone on the voter list who knows you can swear
an affidavit that you are who you say you are, etc, and then you can
vote. Certifying a voter by this means is one of the jobs of the
returning officer for your poll.

Here's a page with a good deal more information, if you really want your
eyes to glaze over. ;-)
http://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?section=res&dir=rep/off/r38&document=part21&lang=e

PS: If you owe zero taxes, you will get a tax refund of any income taxes
paid, and possibly a "refundable tax credit" if the non-refundable
credits bring your tax payable to zero. The refundable tax credits in
effect become a negative income tax. Federal and Provincial taxes are
filed/paid on the same return. Ontario provides a sliding-scale sales
tax credit based on family/individual income.

Oh, and we have single payer health care that covers us pretty well.
When my son at 9 years of age spent 5 months in hospital while his
Addison's syndrome and hypoparathyroidism were diagnosed and treated, we
paid nothing at all, not even for the meds. The meds were tricky, as
these two conditions are antagonistic, so getting the right dosages to
maintain a good electrolyte balance was difficult. Even so, he suffered
several crises over the years. He died this March at age 48 when his
heart stopped during such a crisis, induced by a cold, which he didn't
feel was serious enough to warrant going to the ER, as he had
successfully dealt with the effects of a cold many times.

--
Best,
Wolf K.

Re: Larry Ellison - Just Another Tool

»Q«
In <news:[hidden email]>,
Sailfish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The manic push to have open borders to the south will eventually
> extend to Canada, methinks.

OTOH, I doubt there will ever be a manic push to build a wall along
that border, as there is for the southern one.  That should make it
easier on the one-worlders.

Re: Larry Ellison - Just Another Tool

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what »Q« graced us with on 8/15/2013
6:56 PM:

> In <news:[hidden email]>,
> Sailfish <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The manic push to have open borders to the south will eventually
>> extend to Canada, methinks.
>
> OTOH, I doubt there will ever be a manic push to build a wall along
> that border, as there is for the southern one.  That should make it
> easier on the one-worlders.

Things change.

On 8/15/2013 8:56 PM, »Q« wrote:

> In <news:[hidden email]>,
> Sailfish <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The manic push to have open borders to the south will eventually
>> extend to Canada, methinks.
>
> OTOH, I doubt there will ever be a manic push to build a wall along
> that border, as there is for the southern one.  That should make it
> easier on the one-worlders.

Many thousands of people flow each way across the US/Canada border each
day as many work in the other country.  That's a pretty open border.  It
is major difference in economic condition between the US and Mexico that
generates the high number of people who come into the US each year, and
stay, illegally.  I doubt there is much problem with that between the US
and Canada.

Re: Larry Ellison - Just Another Tool

Daniel-257
Was Greywolf wrote:

> On 2013-08-14 9:51 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> REF:
>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57598279-93/oracles-larry-ellison-googles-larry-page-acted-evil/
>>

>> [excerpt quote=\"
>> *Oracles Larry Ellison, Google's Larry Page acted evil*
>>
>> Rose asked Ellison at what point would NSA's data collection and
>> surveillance activities alarm him.
>>
>> "If the government used it to do political targeting. If the Democrats
>> used it to go after Republicans. If the Republicans used it to go after
>> Democrats. In other words, if it became -- if we stop looking for
>> terrorists and we started looking for people with -- on the other side
>> of the aisle," he said.
>> \" /]
>>
>> Talk about someone who is either outright lying or naive beyond
>> imagination. Administrations have used this and any other data to go
>> after their political opponents for years. Also, his lack of concerns
>> about the abuses of the 4th Amendment as it relates to individuals is
>> 'evil-thinking', imo
>
> What having to register to vote, and give your party preference, or
> "none"? Saves a heap of work compiling supporter/opponent lists.

You're joking, surely?? Having to "give your party preference" when you
"register to vote"?? I've changed my leaning at least a couple of times,
Right -> Left -> Extreme Left -> Middle, or something like that!! Or was
that Extreme Right in there somewhere??

Or do you yanks have to register to vote for each election?? Here in
Australia, we only have to register at eighteen then when you move from
one electorate to another!!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/21.0 SeaMonkey/2.18 Build identifier: 20130418192405

or

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.20 Build identifier: 20130709211044

On 8/16/2013 6:10 AM, Daniel wrote:

> Was Greywolf wrote:
>> On 2013-08-14 9:51 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> REF:
>>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57598279-93/oracles-larry-ellison-googles-larry-page-acted-evil/
>>>

>>> [excerpt quote=\"
>>> *Oracles Larry Ellison, Google's Larry Page acted evil*
>>>
>>> Rose asked Ellison at what point would NSA's data collection and
>>> surveillance activities alarm him.
>>>
>>> "If the government used it to do political targeting. If the Democrats
>>> used it to go after Republicans. If the Republicans used it to go after
>>> Democrats. In other words, if it became -- if we stop looking for
>>> terrorists and we started looking for people with -- on the other side
>>> of the aisle," he said.
>>> \" /]
>>>
>>> Talk about someone who is either outright lying or naive beyond
>>> imagination. Administrations have used this and any other data to go
>>> after their political opponents for years. Also, his lack of concerns
>>> about the abuses of the 4th Amendment as it relates to individuals is
>>> 'evil-thinking', imo
>>
>> What having to register to vote, and give your party preference, or
>> "none"? Saves a heap of work compiling supporter/opponent lists.
>
> You're joking, surely?? Having to "give your party preference" when you
> "register to vote"?? I've changed my leaning at least a couple of times,
> Right -> Left -> Extreme Left -> Middle, or something like that!! Or was
> that Extreme Right in there somewhere??
>
> Or do you yanks have to register to vote for each election?? Here in
> Australia, we only have to register at eighteen then when you move from
> one electorate to another!!

We don't register to vote any more often than you.  But Americans tend
to move around a lot, and you need to re-register after a move.  Also,
in most cases, getting a driver's license puts you on the list for the
proper political subdivision for your address.
   This scheme was dreamed up by the people how also get upset by
requiring one show identification before voting...  Or, how to get
illegal aliens the vote.

Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 8/15/2013 8:56 PM, »Q« wrote:
>> In <news:[hidden email]>,
>> Sailfish <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> The manic push to have open borders to the south will eventually
>>> extend to Canada, methinks.
>>
>> OTOH, I doubt there will ever be a manic push to build a wall along
>> that border, as there is for the southern one.  That should make it
>> easier on the one-worlders.
>>

> Many thousands of people flow each way across the US/Canada border each
> day as many work in the other country.  That's a pretty open border.  It
> is major difference in economic condition between the US and Mexico that
> generates the high number of people who come into the US each year, and
> stay, illegally.  I doubt there is much problem with that between the US
> and Canada.

Didn't I hear, last week or the week before, about a Government imposed
"Go Slow" on the Spanish-Gibraltar boarder?? Seems when Spain gets into
a huff with England, what usually takes twenty mins can take two hours.
Seems there's a large number of "domestic staff" making the transition,
back and forth, each day, to say nothing of tourists!

And who's Larry Ellison, in any case??

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/21.0 SeaMonkey/2.18 Build identifier: 20130418192405

or

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.20 Build identifier: 20130709211044

Re: Larry Ellison - Just Another Tool

Daniel-257
Was Greywolf wrote:

<Snip>

> Oh, and we have single payer health care that covers us pretty well.
> When my son at 9 years of age spent 5 months in hospital while his
> Addison's syndrome and hypoparathyroidism were diagnosed and treated, we
> paid nothing at all, not even for the meds. The meds were tricky, as
> these two conditions are antagonistic, so getting the right dosages to
> maintain a good electrolyte balance was difficult. Even so, he suffered
> several crises over the years. He died this March at age 48 when his
> heart stopped during such a crisis, induced by a cold, which he didn't
> feel was serious enough to warrant going to the ER, as he had
> successfully dealt with the effects of a cold many times.

Condolences, Was

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/21.0 SeaMonkey/2.18 Build identifier: 20130418192405

or

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.20 Build identifier: 20130709211044

Re: Larry Ellison - Just Another Tool

WaltS-2
On 08/15/2013 01:33 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 8/15/2013 11:47 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Was Greywolf graced us with on

>>> What having to register to vote, and give your party preference, or
>>> "none"? Saves a heap of work compiling supporter/opponent lists.
>>>
>> I believe one has to specify an affiliation. The closest to "none" is
>> Independent, which is my affiliation. What's really needed on ballots is
>> the "None of the above" selection, though.
>>
> I don't believe one has to choose any affiliation here.  Never recall
> doing so, but it you vote in a primary, you get stamped with that
> party's label.

You have to chose an affiliation in order to vote in that party's
primary in PA.

I would prefer to be able to register as an Independant, and be allowed
to vote in both primaries.

On 08/16/2013 07:34 AM, Daniel wrote:

> Ron Hunter wrote:
>> On 8/15/2013 8:56 PM, »Q« wrote:

>>> OTOH, I doubt there will ever be a manic push to build a wall along
>>> that border, as there is for the southern one.  That should make it
>>> easier on the one-worlders.
>>>

>> Many thousands of people flow each way across the US/Canada border each
>> day as many work in the other country.  That's a pretty open border.  It
>> is major difference in economic condition between the US and Mexico that
>> generates the high number of people who come into the US each year, and
>> stay, illegally.  I doubt there is much problem with that between the US
>> and Canada.
>
> Didn't I hear, last week or the week before, about a Government imposed
> "Go Slow" on the Spanish-Gibraltar boarder?? Seems when Spain gets into
> a huff with England, what usually takes twenty mins can take two hours.
> Seems there's a large number of "domestic staff" making the transition,
> back and forth, each day, to say nothing of tourists!
>
> And who's Larry Ellison, in any case??

Yes you did.

Larry Ellison? Nobody important, just the CEO of the software giant
Oracle, the 3rd richest person in the US worth $43 billion, and the 5th
richest person in the world.

<http://www.forbes.com/profile/larry-ellison/>

Re: Larry Ellison - Just Another Tool

WaltS-2
On 08/15/2013 09:39 PM, Was Greywolf wrote:

<snip>

> Oh, and we have single payer health care that covers us pretty well.
> When my son at 9 years of age spent 5 months in hospital while his
> Addison's syndrome and hypoparathyroidism were diagnosed and treated, we
> paid nothing at all, not even for the meds. The meds were tricky, as
> these two conditions are antagonistic, so getting the right dosages to
> maintain a good electrolyte balance was difficult. Even so, he suffered
> several crises over the years. He died this March at age 48 when his
> heart stopped during such a crisis, induced by a cold, which he didn't
> feel was serious enough to warrant going to the ER, as he had
> successfully dealt with the effects of a cold many times.

Sorry for your loss.

I wish we had single payer health care here in the US, but I only had to
pay $200 for my last surgery which cost over $18,000 according to the
explanation of benefits. It is the PCP, specialists, and test co-pays
that are nickel and dime-ing me to poverty.

I have another surgery coming up in a couple weeks. After that things
should settle down.
1234 ... 34