Language preferences

Isabel del Pino
I have installed two languages in Mozilla 1.7.12. English and Czech. I
want to select them using preferences (about:config), instead of
Edit->Preferences->...

I think the preferences I must modify are:

general.useragent.contentlocale
general.useragent.locale
intl.accept_languages
intl.content.langcode

But changing these preferences Mozilla doesn't change its language. What
can I do?

Thank you very much.

Re: Language preferences

Robert Kaiser
Isabel del Pino schrieb:
> I have installed two languages in Mozilla 1.7.12. English and Czech. I
> want to select them using preferences (about:config), instead of
> Edit->Preferences->...
>
> I think the preferences I must modify are:
>
> general.useragent.contentlocale
> general.useragent.locale

Those two should be enough, actually.

> But changing these preferences Mozilla doesn't change its language. What
> can I do?

Kill the FastLoad file and restart Mozilla.
IIRC, this is all that the pref panel's code is doing. But you also can
dig up pref-contentpacks.xul and read the JS code that works correctly
there for yourself (in case I'm talking crap here) ;-)

Robert Kaiser