After the string freeze we are currently planning for two additional
weeks before we try to release our first release candidate on July 28.
We would really appreciate it if you could have your locales already
in shape for the first RC as this will broaden both the localization
and application testing base.
That gives you about a month to get your localizations in shape if you
start now or two weeks, if you decide to wait for the string freeze.
>From my point of view, it certainly makes sense to start working now,
at least in a few areas.
If you take a look at all the string changes since our 0.8 release
and now (see http://tinyurl.com/6pggaj), you'll notice that we've
done a lot of cleanup work by removing unused and obsolete entities.
This is definitely something that you can start working on now,
while doing the remaining update work after the string freeze.
The 0.9 release will again come from the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH, but since
we're keeping both the 1.8 branch and the cvs trunk in total sync, it
makes sense for you to commit your changes to both at the same time.
I'll post some status updates in the coming weeks. If any of you will
not be able to keep his locale updated for the 0.9 release, please
let me know beforehand.
As of know we are planning with all localizations that were included
in the 0.8 release (see http://tinyurl.com/y8y2cg for a complete list)
as well as with the new locales added since then (Norwegian (Nynorsk),
Romanian and Traditional Chinese).
Please let me know if any of you wants to join us for 0.9.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them here
in the newsgroup mozilla.dev.l10n.
Simon Paquet rašė:
> As of know we are planning with all localizations that were included
> in the 0.8 release (see http://tinyurl.com/y8y2cg for a complete list)
> as well as with the new locales added since then (Norwegian (Nynorsk),
> Romanian and Traditional Chinese).
> Please let me know if any of you wants to join us for 0.9.
I'm not sure if I need to explicitly opt-in if my locale is in the list,
I try to keep lt in sync with en-US, so here you get the opt-in from lt.
Simon Paquet wrote:
> Kim Ludvigsen wrote:
>> Have we achieved string freeze? I will not begin to work on
>> the files, until we have string freeze.
> Yes, we're in string freeze now. We may however change a few strings of
> recent checkins by tomorrow as we discovered some minor issues.
Thanks, I will wait then. I cannot upload myself, and I do
not want the uploader to have to upload twice. Also I do not
like to have to work on the same files twice.
>> Yes, we're in string freeze now. We may however change a few
>> strings of recent checkins by tomorrow as we discovered some
>> minor issues.
> Thanks, I will wait then. I cannot upload myself, and I do
> not want the uploader to have to upload twice. Also I do not
> like to have to work on the same files twice.
I guess you have seen the postings by Berend and Philipp. We're all
clear now and you can start the translation work.