[L10n] Lightning/Sunbird 0.9 string freeze announcement

[L10n] Lightning/Sunbird 0.9 string freeze announcement

Simon Paquet-2
Hi guys,

I want to make those of you, who are actively translating the calendar
products (Lightning and Sunbird) aware, that our string freeze for our
next release 0.9 is approaching.

According to http://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:Roadmap#Rough_Schedule we
are aiming for a string freeze on July 14 2008, which is two and a half
weeks away from now.

After the string freeze we are currently planning for two additional
weeks before we try to release our first release candidate on July 28.
We would really appreciate it if you could have your locales already
in shape for the first RC as this will broaden both the localization
and application testing base.

That gives you about a month to get your localizations in shape if you
start now or two weeks, if you decide to wait for the string freeze.
>From my point of view, it certainly makes sense to start working now,
at least in a few areas.
If you take a look at all the string changes since our 0.8 release
and now (see http://tinyurl.com/6pggaj), you'll notice that we've
done a lot of cleanup work by removing unused and obsolete entities.
This is definitely something that you can start working on now,
while doing the remaining update work after the string freeze.

The 0.9 release will again come from the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH, but since
we're keeping both the 1.8 branch and the cvs trunk in total sync, it
makes sense for you to commit your changes to both at the same time.

I'll post some status updates in the coming weeks. If any of you will
not be able to keep his locale updated for the 0.9 release, please
let me know beforehand.

As of know we are planning with all localizations that were included
in the 0.8 release (see http://tinyurl.com/y8y2cg for a complete list)
as well as with the new locales added since then (Norwegian (Nynorsk),
Romanian and Traditional Chinese).

Please let me know if any of you wants to join us for 0.9.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them here
in the newsgroup mozilla.dev.l10n.

Cya
Simon

--
Calendar localization coordinator
Calendar developer blog:     http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/calendar

Re: [L10n] Lightning/Sunbird 0.9 string freeze announcement

Iacopo Benesperi
Simon Paquet ha scritto:
> Please let me know if any of you wants to join us for 0.9.

Italian will be ready for the first RC (or the second at maximum).

bye,
Iacopo

Re: Lightning/Sunbird 0.9 string freeze announcement

koen-9
On 27 jun, 16:19, Simon Paquet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please let me know if any of you wants to join us for 0.9.

Dutch (nl) will be ready for the first RC...

grz,
Koenh

Re: [L10n] Lightning/Sunbird 0.9 string freeze announcement

Rimas Kudelis-3
Simon Paquet rašė:
> As of know we are planning with all localizations that were included
> in the 0.8 release (see http://tinyurl.com/y8y2cg for a complete list)
> as well as with the new locales added since then (Norwegian (Nynorsk),
> Romanian and Traditional Chinese).
>
> Please let me know if any of you wants to join us for 0.9.

I'm not sure if I need to explicitly opt-in if my locale is in the list,
but anyways...

I try to keep lt in sync with en-US, so here you get the opt-in from lt.

RQ

Re: [L10n] Lightning/Sunbird 0.9 string freeze announcement

Marcelo Poli-2
es-AR will be ready
We'll be working on Sunbird with Firefox 3 on the streets.

Re: [L10n] Lightning/Sunbird 0.9 string freeze announcement

文少华
zh-CN will be ready.
We'll working in the refrigerator, too hot outside :P
btw: has it freezed today?

Re: [L10n] Lightning/Sunbird 0.9 string freeze announcement

user-41
Simon Paquet wrote:

> According to http://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:Roadmap#Rough_Schedule we
> are aiming for a string freeze on July 14 2008

Have we achieved string freeze? I will not begin to work on
the files, until we have string freeze.

Regards
Kim Ludvigsen

Re: [L10n] Lightning/Sunbird 0.9 string freeze announcement

Simon Paquet-3
Kim Ludvigsen wrote:

>Simon Paquet wrote:
>
>> According to http://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:Roadmap#Rough_Schedule we
>> are aiming for a string freeze on July 14 2008
>
>Have we achieved string freeze? I will not begin to work on
>the files, until we have string freeze.

Yes, we're in string freeze now. We may however change a few strings of
recent checkins by tomorrow as we discovered some minor issues.

But it's still okay now, to start working on the localization.

Simon Paquet
--
Calendar localisation coordinator

Simon Paquet wrote:
> Kim Ludvigsen wrote:
>
>> Have we achieved string freeze? I will not begin to work on
>> the files, until we have string freeze.
>
> Yes, we're in string freeze now. We may however change a few strings of
> recent checkins by tomorrow as we discovered some minor issues.

Thanks, I will wait then. I cannot upload myself, and I do
not want the uploader to have to upload twice. Also I do not
like to have to work on the same files twice.

Regards
Kim Ludvigsen

Kim Ludvigsen wrote on 15. Jul 2008:

>> Yes, we're in string freeze now. We may however change a few
>> strings of recent checkins by tomorrow as we discovered some
>> minor issues.
>
> Thanks, I will wait then. I cannot upload myself, and I do
> not want the uploader to have to upload twice. Also I do not
> like to have to work on the same files twice.

I guess you have seen the postings by Berend and Philipp. We're all
clear now and you can start the translation work.

Cya
Simon