Keywords

MeghanAGallagher@gmail.com
Is it possible to create a privilege so that groups can not access the
link to see the list of keywords.

Re: Keywords

Gervase Markham
[hidden email] wrote:
> Is it possible to create a privilege so that groups can not access the
> link to see the list of keywords.

Not easily. And it's not a link, anyway - the list of keywords is
directly on the bug page, isn't it?

Gerv

Re: Keywords

MeghanAGallagher@gmail.com
If you dont have admin rights the only way you can get to the keywords
list is when you create or view a bug.

My problem is I am setting up bugzilla so that one of our customers can
view the tickets associated with them.  The way we have it set up now
is when we enter a bug for a customer we enter their company name in
the keywords section.  That means that if a customer can view a bug
they can click on the keywords and get a list of all our customers.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do?

Gervase Markham wrote:
> [hidden email] wrote:
> > Is it possible to create a privilege so that groups can not access the
> > link to see the list of keywords.
>
> Not easily. And it's not a link, anyway - the list of keywords is
> directly on the bug page, isn't it?
>
> Gerv

Re: Keywords

Michael Bellomo

Re: Keywords

Gervase Markham
[hidden email] wrote:

> If you dont have admin rights the only way you can get to the keywords
> list is when you create or view a bug.
>
> My problem is I am setting up bugzilla so that one of our customers can
> view the tickets associated with them.  The way we have it set up now
> is when we enter a bug for a customer we enter their company name in
> the keywords section.  That means that if a customer can view a bug
> they can click on the keywords and get a list of all our customers.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do?

Not use keywords for this strange purpose? :-)

Alternatively, just edit the templates to make the display of the
keywords field conditional on the user being in the "employees" group.

Gerv

Re: Keywords

MeghanAGallagher@gmail.com
Can you tell me what files I would have to change in order to make
keywords conditional for certain groups?

THanks

Gervase Markham wrote:

> [hidden email] wrote:
> > If you dont have admin rights the only way you can get to the keywords
> > list is when you create or view a bug.
> >
> > My problem is I am setting up bugzilla so that one of our customers can
> > view the tickets associated with them.  The way we have it set up now
> > is when we enter a bug for a customer we enter their company name in
> > the keywords section.  That means that if a customer can view a bug
> > they can click on the keywords and get a list of all our customers.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do?
>
> Not use keywords for this strange purpose? :-)
>
> Alternatively, just edit the templates to make the display of the
> keywords field conditional on the user being in the "employees" group.
>
> Gerv

Re: Keywords

Gervase Markham
[hidden email] wrote:
> Can you tell me what files I would have to change in order to make
> keywords conditional for certain groups?

Whatever templates display them :-) I'm afraid I don't have time to
write the patch for you (which is what doing the research is effectively
doing). Sorry :-(

Gerv