Jay Garcia?

1234 ... 11

Jay Garcia?

jetjock-4
Does anyone know if Jay Garcia is ok? I haven't seen any posts from him
in a very long time.

Re: Jay Garcia?

WaltS48
On 11/28/2014 11:55 AM, jetjock wrote:
> Does anyone know if Jay Garcia is ok? I haven't seen any posts from him
> in a very long time.

Let's see. Using Quick Search of the 4369 posts in my m.general folder.

There is a post by him on 08/07/2014, then the next subject started by
Jay was dated 10/21/2014, and the last followup to that subject was
10/25/2014.

So which is a very long time? He didn't post anything for most of the
month of August, nothing in September, and most of October. Today is
11/28/2014.

Probably just has nothing to contribute.

Re: Jay Garcia?

The Real Bev
On 11/28/2014 09:21 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 11/28/2014 11:55 AM, jetjock wrote:
>> Does anyone know if Jay Garcia is ok? I haven't seen any posts from him
>> in a very long time.
>
> Let's see. Using Quick Search of the 4369 posts in my m.general folder.
>
> There is a post by him on 08/07/2014, then the next subject started by
> Jay was dated 10/21/2014, and the last followup to that subject was
> 10/25/2014.
>
> So which is a very long time? He didn't post anything for most of the
> month of August, nothing in September, and most of October. Today is
> 11/28/2014.
>
> Probably just has nothing to contribute.

HAH!

Maybe he's showing the dogs...

--
Cheers, Bev

"When I was a kid my dad once joked that the best way to
prevent being on a plane with someone carrying a bomb
would be to bring your own bomb and not detonate it.
Sounded convincing. What are the odds that two people
board, each with a bomb?"  -- Rowdy

Re: Jay Garcia?

jetjock-4
WaltS48 wrote:

> On 11/28/2014 11:55 AM, jetjock wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if Jay Garcia is ok? I haven't seen any posts from him
>> in a very long time.
>>

> Let's see. Using Quick Search of the 4369 posts in my m.general folder.
>
> There is a post by him on 08/07/2014, then the next subject started by
> Jay was dated 10/21/2014, and the last followup to that subject was
> 10/25/2014.
>
> So which is a very long time? He didn't post anything for most of the
> month of August, nothing in September, and most of October. Today is
> 11/28/2014.
>
> Probably just has nothing to contribute.

For some reason then, I'm not seeing his posts. I just did search of my
folder and only found the three posts from today. I'll have to recheck
my filters. Glad that he is still posting.

Re: Jay Garcia?

rebro
Am 29.11.2014 um 18:58 schrieb jetjock:

> WaltS48 wrote:
>
>> On 11/28/2014 11:55 AM, jetjock wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know if Jay Garcia is ok? I haven't seen any posts from him
>>> in a very long time.
>>>

>> Let's see. Using Quick Search of the 4369 posts in my m.general folder.
>>
>> There is a post by him on 08/07/2014, then the next subject started by
>> Jay was dated 10/21/2014, and the last followup to that subject was
>> 10/25/2014.
>>
>> So which is a very long time? He didn't post anything for most of the
>> month of August, nothing in September, and most of October. Today is
>> 11/28/2014.
>>
>> Probably just has nothing to contribute.
>
> For some reason then, I'm not seeing his posts. I just did search of my
> folder and only found the three posts from today. I'll have to recheck
> my filters. Glad that he is still posting.

Please forgive me for jumping on jetjock's bandwagon:
Does anyone know if Sailfish ("My bloviated meandering follows what xyz
graced us with ...") is ok? I haven't seen any posts from him since
February, I think.

Re: Jay Garcia?

jetjock-4
rebro wrote:

> Am 29.11.2014 um 18:58 schrieb jetjock:
>
>> WaltS48 wrote:

>>> Let's see. Using Quick Search of the 4369 posts in my m.general folder.
>>>
>>> There is a post by him on 08/07/2014, then the next subject started by
>>> Jay was dated 10/21/2014, and the last followup to that subject was
>>> 10/25/2014.
>>>
>>> So which is a very long time? He didn't post anything for most of the
>>> month of August, nothing in September, and most of October. Today is
>>> 11/28/2014.
>>>
>>> Probably just has nothing to contribute.
>>

>> For some reason then, I'm not seeing his posts. I just did search of my
>> folder and only found the three posts from today. I'll have to recheck
>> my filters. Glad that he is still posting.
>>

> Please forgive me for jumping on jetjock's bandwagon:
> Does anyone know if Sailfish ("My bloviated meandering follows what
> xyz graced us with ...") is ok? I haven't seen any posts from him
> since February, I think.

He became very upset over some policy many months ago and said he would
never post again. I'm not sure if he' still monitors the groups or not.
you might try posting a munged email address here and see if replies to
you. I miss him also!

Re: Jay Garcia?

»Q«
In <news:[hidden email]>,
rebro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone know if Sailfish ("My bloviated meandering follows what
> xyz graced us with ...") is ok? I haven't seen any posts from him
> since February, I think.

I haven't been in touch with him, so I don't know how he's doing.  But
he left here because of the Brendan Eich thing, not because of any
health problems.

He stuck around a little while after this, but here's his goodbye post
(which I can't find at Google Groups, because GG completely sucks):

-----

Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 13:16:08 -0700
From: Sailfish <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Brendan Eich, Mozilla's alpha nerd, takes over as CEO (Q&A)

My bloviated meandering follows what »Q« graced us with on 4/3/2014
12:25 PM:

> In <news:[hidden email]>,
> Sailfish <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Daniel graced us with on
>> 4/3/2014 1:59 AM:
>>> On 3/04/2014 5:24 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>>>
>>> <Snip>
>>> Why, sailfish?? Is your real world name, Brendan?? ;-P
>>>
>> Nope, as I've stated before, if Brendan steps down (willingly or
>> not), I no longer use Mozilla products. I don't care to be associated
>> with a company whose spiteful and vindictive employees ruin a
>> person's career over personal matters that had nothing to do with
>> their employee objectiveness in the workplace.
>
> <https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/03/brendan-eich-steps-down-as-mozilla-ceo/>
>
> Will you still be hanging around this group?  I hope so.

Thanks but Mozilla support was the only reason for my fooling around
here. I'll not be updating any of my existing add-ons, either. So,
anyone who wants to take them on are welcome to them. I'll leave them
referenced on my site, http://projectit.com, for awhile.

I'm moving on. Godspped to everyone here.

So unfair :-(

--
Sailfish

Re: Jay Garcia?

rebro
Am 29.11.2014 um 21:23 schrieb jetjock:

> rebro wrote:

>>> For some reason then, I'm not seeing his posts. I just did search of my
>>> folder and only found the three posts from today. I'll have to recheck
>>> my filters. Glad that he is still posting.
>>>

>> Please forgive me for jumping on jetjock's bandwagon:
>> Does anyone know if Sailfish ("My bloviated meandering follows what
>> xyz graced us with ...") is ok? I haven't seen any posts from him
>> since February, I think.
>
> He became very upset over some policy many months ago and said he would
> never post again. I'm not sure if he' still monitors the groups or not.
> you might try posting a munged email address here and see if replies to
> you. I miss him also!

Thanks, Jetjock. Let's hope that he still monitors these groups here and
feels able to overcome his bitterness.

Re: Jay Garcia?

rebro
Am 29.11.2014 um 21:35 schrieb »Q«:

> In <news:[hidden email]>,
> rebro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if Sailfish ("My bloviated meandering follows what
>> xyz graced us with ...") is ok? I haven't seen any posts from him
>> since February, I think.
>
> I haven't been in touch with him, so I don't know how he's doing.  But
> he left here because of the Brendan Eich thing, not because of any
> health problems.
>
> He stuck around a little while after this, but here's his goodbye post
> (which I can't find at Google Groups, because GG completely sucks):
>
> -----
>
> Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 13:16:08 -0700
> From: Sailfish <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: Brendan Eich, Mozilla's alpha nerd, takes over as CEO (Q&A)
>
> My bloviated meandering follows what »Q« graced us with on 4/3/2014
> 12:25 PM:
>> In <news:[hidden email]>,
>> Sailfish <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what Daniel graced us with on
>>> 4/3/2014 1:59 AM:

>>> Nope, as I've stated before, if Brendan steps down (willingly or
>>> not), I no longer use Mozilla products. I don't care to be associated
>>> with a company whose spiteful and vindictive employees ruin a
>>> person's career over personal matters that had nothing to do with
>>> their employee objectiveness in the workplace.
>>
>> <https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/03/brendan-eich-steps-down-as-mozilla-ceo/>
>>
>> Will you still be hanging around this group?  I hope so.
>>
> Thanks but Mozilla support was the only reason for my fooling around
> here. I'll not be updating any of my existing add-ons, either. So,
> anyone who wants to take them on are welcome to them. I'll leave them
> referenced on my site, http://projectit.com, for awhile.
>
> I'm moving on. Godspped to everyone here.
>
> So unfair :-(

Thank you for providing his goodbye post which I must have completely
missed in April.

Re: Jay Garcia?

The Real Bev
On 11/29/2014 01:10 PM, rebro wrote:

> Am 29.11.2014 um 21:35 schrieb »Q«:
>> In <news:[hidden email]>,
>> rebro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know if Sailfish ("My bloviated meandering follows what
>>> xyz graced us with ...") is ok? I haven't seen any posts from him
>>> since February, I think.
>>
>> I haven't been in touch with him, so I don't know how he's doing.  But
>> he left here because of the Brendan Eich thing, not because of any
>> health problems.
>>
>> He stuck around a little while after this, but here's his goodbye post
>> (which I can't find at Google Groups, because GG completely sucks):
>>
>> -----
>>
>> Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 13:16:08 -0700
>> From: Sailfish <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: Brendan Eich, Mozilla's alpha nerd, takes over as CEO (Q&A)
>>
>> My bloviated meandering follows what »Q« graced us with on 4/3/2014
>> 12:25 PM:

>>> <https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/03/brendan-eich-steps-down-as-mozilla-ceo/>
>>>
>>> Will you still be hanging around this group?  I hope so.
>>>
>> Thanks but Mozilla support was the only reason for my fooling around
>> here. I'll not be updating any of my existing add-ons, either. So,
>> anyone who wants to take them on are welcome to them. I'll leave them
>> referenced on my site, http://projectit.com, for awhile.
>>
>> I'm moving on. Godspped to everyone here.
>>
>> So unfair :-(
>
> Thank you for providing his goodbye post which I must have completely
> missed in April.

I hate it when people disappear and months later somebody reports their
death more or less by accident -- perhaps looking through the person's
computer and finding addresses.  No solution to the problem, of course :-(

It's not like friendship is so common that we can afford to throw
friends away, even if they're only made of pixels.

--
Cheers, Bev

Re: Jay Garcia?

PhillipJones-2
rebro wrote:

> Am 29.11.2014 um 18:58 schrieb jetjock:
>> WaltS48 wrote:

>>> Let's see. Using Quick Search of the 4369 posts in my m.general folder.
>>>
>>> There is a post by him on 08/07/2014, then the next subject started by
>>> Jay was dated 10/21/2014, and the last followup to that subject was
>>> 10/25/2014.
>>>
>>> So which is a very long time? He didn't post anything for most of the
>>> month of August, nothing in September, and most of October. Today is
>>> 11/28/2014.
>>>
>>> Probably just has nothing to contribute.
>>
>> For some reason then, I'm not seeing his posts. I just did search of my
>> folder and only found the three posts from today. I'll have to recheck
>> my filters. Glad that he is still posting.
>>

> Please forgive me for jumping on jetjock's bandwagon:
> Does anyone know if Sailfish ("My bloviated meandering follows what xyz
> graced us with ...") is ok? I haven't seen any posts from him since
> February, I think.
I haven't seen any thing out of Jay in ages. Glad he is still trying to
post.

I've been on my self in ages and unlike Jay expect most of you even
what’s name doesn't give a rat's behind.

My mother 90 years old fell and messed up her arm and back and I've been
dealing with looking after her since 1st of July. Doing all the cooking,
cleaning, washing, etc (a man's work is never done.) Plus I had to have
our family cat operated on for thyroid problem and having to take care
of her. In addition I am focusing on my duties as a Community Moderator
on Microsoft Answers forums. As well as post answers. Designing a new
website using software called EverWeb ( site is:
http://www.phillipjones-cet.net/ ). Most is geared to Mac Office 2011/
Office 365 Mac issues. And added a new page to my regular site that is
not show on home page of my regular site
http://www.phillipmjones.net/MusicTaste/

Lot of people are leaving or cutting down because they feel like a
certain person is making every effort run them down, run them in the
ground.

Although I read post everyday, This is the first time in months I've
posted. I have decided to stop wasting my time after my support for
Mozilla Products since Navigator 3.0.1a Gold which I had to pay $39.95.
Post when nobody give a %$&*. and Put my energies somewhere I feel like
I am accomplishing something and doing something worth while.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.      "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net    mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Jay Garcia?

PhillipJones-2
PhillipJones wrote:

> rebro wrote:

>>> For some reason then, I'm not seeing his posts. I just did search of my
>>> folder and only found the three posts from today. I'll have to recheck
>>> my filters. Glad that he is still posting.
>>>

>> Please forgive me for jumping on jetjock's bandwagon:
>> Does anyone know if Sailfish ("My bloviated meandering follows what xyz
>> graced us with ...") is ok? I haven't seen any posts from him since
>> February, I think.
> I haven't seen any thing out of Jay in ages. Glad he is still trying to
> post.
>
> I've been on my self in ages and unlike Jay expect most of you even
> what’s name doesn't give a rat's behind.
>
> My mother 90 years old fell and messed up her arm and back and I've been
> dealing with looking after her since 1st of July. Doing all the cooking,
> cleaning, washing, etc (a man's work is never done.) Plus I had to have
> our family cat operated on for thyroid problem and having to take care
> of her. In addition I am focusing on my duties as a Community Moderator
> on Microsoft Answers forums. As well as post answers. Designing a new
> website using software called EverWeb ( site is:
> http://www.phillipjones-cet.net/ ). Most is geared to Mac Office 2011/
> Office 365 Mac issues. And added a new page to my regular site that is
> not show on home page of my regular site
> http://www.phillipmjones.net/MusicTaste/
>
> Lot of people are leaving or cutting down because they feel like a
> certain person is making every effort run them down, run them in the
> ground.
>
> Although I read post everyday, This is the first time in months I've
> posted. I have decided to stop wasting my time after my support for
> Mozilla Products since Navigator 3.0.1a Gold which I had to pay $39.95.
> Post when nobody give a %$&*. and Put my energies somewhere I feel like
> I am accomplishing something and doing something worth while.

Supposed to be:
I haven't been on on myself ....

Can't even post my first message in ages correctly.

Laugh, if you wish.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.      "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net    mailto:[hidden email]
http://phillipjones-cet.net/

Re: Jay Garcia?

Ron Hunter
On 11/29/2014 6:06 PM, PhillipJones wrote:

> rebro wrote:

>>> For some reason then, I'm not seeing his posts. I just did search of my
>>> folder and only found the three posts from today. I'll have to recheck
>>> my filters. Glad that he is still posting.
>>>

>> Please forgive me for jumping on jetjock's bandwagon:
>> Does anyone know if Sailfish ("My bloviated meandering follows what xyz
>> graced us with ...") is ok? I haven't seen any posts from him since
>> February, I think.
> I haven't seen any thing out of Jay in ages. Glad he is still trying to
> post.
>
> I've been on my self in ages and unlike Jay expect most of you even
> what’s name doesn't give a rat's behind.
>
> My mother 90 years old fell and messed up her arm and back and I've been
> dealing with looking after her since 1st of July. Doing all the cooking,
> cleaning, washing, etc (a man's work is never done.) Plus I had to have
> our family cat operated on for thyroid problem and having to take care
> of her. In addition I am focusing on my duties as a Community Moderator
> on Microsoft Answers forums. As well as post answers. Designing a new
> website using software called EverWeb ( site is:
> http://www.phillipjones-cet.net/ ). Most is geared to Mac Office 2011/
> Office 365 Mac issues. And added a new page to my regular site that is
> not show on home page of my regular site
> http://www.phillipmjones.net/MusicTaste/
>
> Lot of people are leaving or cutting down because they feel like a
> certain person is making every effort run them down, run them in the
> ground.
>
> Although I read post everyday, This is the first time in months I've
> posted. I have decided to stop wasting my time after my support for
> Mozilla Products since Navigator 3.0.1a Gold which I had to pay $39.95.
> Post when nobody give a %$&*. and Put my energies somewhere I feel like
> I am accomplishing something and doing something worth while.

Sorry to hear about you mother falling.  Been taking care of my wife
since Oct. 7 when she had another knee replaced.  Keeps one busy.  Do
you want another 'patient', you could open a small hospital.  Grin.
Hope things improve for you.

Re: Jay Garcia?

Daniel
On 30/11/14 07:54, rebro wrote:

> Am 29.11.2014 um 21:23 schrieb jetjock:
>> rebro wrote:

>>> Please forgive me for jumping on jetjock's bandwagon:
>>> Does anyone know if Sailfish ("My bloviated meandering follows what
>>> xyz graced us with ...") is ok? I haven't seen any posts from him
>>> since February, I think.
>>
>> He became very upset over some policy many months ago and said he would
>> never post again. I'm not sure if he' still monitors the groups or not.
>> you might try posting a munged email address here and see if replies to
>> you. I miss him also!
>>

> Thanks, Jetjock. Let's hope that he still monitors these groups here and
> feels able to overcome his bitterness.

I would think if Sailfish was lurking here-abouts, he would have
responded may times .... either that or bitten his tongue off many times!!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.29 Build identifier: 20140829003846
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.31 Build identifier: 20141020202138

Re: Jay Garcia?

Daniel
On 30/11/14 10:04, The Real Bev wrote:

<Snip>
> It's not like friendship is so common that we can afford to throw
> friends away, even if they're only made of pixels.

Here! Here!!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.29 Build identifier: 20140829003846
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.31 Build identifier: 20141020202138

Re: Jay Garcia?

Daniel
On 30/11/14 11:06, PhillipJones wrote:

<Snip>

 >                                                        Designing a new
> website using software called EverWeb ( site is:
> http://www.phillipjones-cet.net/ ). Most is geared to Mac Office 2011/
> Office 365 Mac issues. And added a new page to my regular site that is
> not show on home page of my regular site
> http://www.phillipmjones.net/MusicTaste/

Phillip, just FYI, looking at both those pages, I see Words printing
over the top of other words, e.g. on the music page, I cannot see the
name of the first track because the "after song plays ..... " line
prints over the top of the track name.

(I love the eclectic range of the tracks ... sort of reflects my range
of music taste!!)

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.29 Build identifier: 20140829003846
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.31 Build identifier: 20141020202138

Re: Jay Garcia?

GerardJan-12
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Jay Garcia?

GerardJan-12
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Jay Garcia?

Ant-21
On 11/30/2014 1:49 AM PT, GerardJan typed:

?
--
"Remember, ants are only waiting for you to die..." --unknown
    /\___/\         Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)