JavaXPCOM development?

Blake Binkley
is there anyone who has XulRunner 10+ embedded in java?

I have been under the impression that javaXPCOM was no longer being worked on and was a dead project, but in another thread here somone is talking about java and having a new version of XulRunner embedded, if not via javaXPCOM then by what means is it being done?

my only info that is was dead is: https://developer.mozilla.org/En/JavaXPCOM

Re: JavaXPCOM development?

Benjamin Smedberg
On 7/12/2012 12:11 PM, Blake Binkley wrote:
> is there anyone who has XulRunner 10+ embedded in java?
>
> I have been under the impression that javaXPCOM was no longer being worked on and was a dead project, but in another thread here somone is talking about java and having a new version of XulRunner embedded, if not via javaXPCOM then by what means is it being done?
JavaXPCOM does not have a maintainer and is essentially dead, yes.

I believe that there are separate projects like an SWT embedding widget
which don't use JavaXPCOM. I'm not clear on exactly how all those work.

And of course Java still works as a NPAPI plugin in the browser.

--BDs

Re: JavaXPCOM development?

Blake Binkley
On Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:39:04 PM UTC-4, Benjamin Smedberg wrote:

> I believe that there are separate projects like an SWT embedding widget
> which don't use JavaXPCOM. I'm not clear on exactly how all those work.
>
> And of course Java still works as a NPAPI plugin in the browser.
>
> --BDs
lol actually they are using javaXPCOM and are stuck at Xul 1.9, which is why I'm here asking :)

Re: JavaXPCOM development?

Grant Gayed
 > lol actually they are using javaXPCOM and are stuck at Xul 1.9, which
 > is why I'm here asking

The Browser control in the SWT 3.8/4.2 release can embed XULRunner 10.x
because it uses XPCOM directly, it does not use JavaXPCOM.  The part
that does not work beyond XULRunner 1.9.2.x is its
Browser.getWebBrowser() method, which provides a JavaXPCOM wrapper of
its nsIWebBrowser.

Grant