Quantcast

JavaScript/XUL Programmer for Firefox Extension

JavaScript/XUL Programmer for Firefox Extension

tjbermant
We're looking for a capable developer to work with and enhance an extension for Mozilla Firefox. Our extension works in concert with a server component to deliver a protected and private browsing experience for our customers.

-----

Successful startup with 100,000's of users looking for a JavaScript programmer who has experience with or has been exposed to the Mozilla plug-in development environment and XUL. Proficiency with Backbone is also desired. Any experience with C programming also prized, but not a requirement. 1-3 yrs experience.

Enhance/maintain a SaaS system, distributed to multiple data centers and built by world-class engineers. Works with a UI/UX resource to build easy to use and maintain interactive applications. Understands JSON APIs. Understands Rake, Capistrano, and Make.

Required:
JavaScript/JQuery
Plugin Development of any kind

Desired:
Mozilla development experience/XUL
Backbone
Ruby 1.9.x/Ruby on Rails 3.2.x
Sinatra

-----

Virtual World Computing's flagship service, Cocoon, is a free, all-in-one Firefox extension developed by VWC of Santa Barbara, California. Cocoon's core business model is built on trust, and its mission is to put users in control of their Internet experience. We ensure that their computer and personal information is secure and protected from malicious attacks, invasive corporate and government snooping, and invasions of privacy.