Java plugin phase out timeline

Re: Java plugin phase out timeline

peymanbarari686
در سه‌شنبه 23 فوریهٔ 2016، ساعت 21:33:41 (UTC+3:30)، Java Dev نوشته:

> Hello,
>
> Hope all is well. The company I work for uses Java applets for our web products and we are currently planning our release schedules to replace Java applet tech, as it will affect many users in our product community and several products. As such, our dev team would like to better understand the "drop dead date" of when the Java plugin will stop working in Firefox.
>
> We are aware that the announcement was for end of 2016, but wanted to confirm if there is a more specific date other than 12/31/2016. Also, we would like to know if Firefox will follow a similar path as Chrome to provide a way to still manually enable the Java plugin for some time (disabled by default), perhaps even past end of 2016.
>
> We want our users to use Firefox instead of other browsers, especially since we have had to run through some hoops to get our corporate clients to switch from IE to Firefox for our web applications. For some reason, some corporations are resistant to running browsers other than IE and it took some convincing on our part.
>
> Your response is greatly appreciated. We would prefer our user community still use Firefox and not switch to IE, while we are working through converting our web products to web based technology and away from the Java plugin. We are concerned that if they switch to IE again, while we work to replace Java applets, their IT departments might not approve going back again to Firefox.
>
> Best Regards,
> Alexandra
>
> P.S. If you are interested, more information about our company and products is available at www.7thonline.com.

Re: Java plugin phase out timeline

sgewengrs
I am using Firefox 53.0.2 32bit, how can I enable javascript add-on? I wish to digitally sign the e-tendering sites which are not opened anyway the message on the screen says- "Your connection is not secure. The owner of eprocuremes.gov.in has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website."

Give me the solution.

Thanks
Suresh Acharya

Re: Java plugin phase out timeline

Chris Peterson-12
On 2017-05-11 8:47 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> I am using Firefox 53.0.2 32bit, how can I enable javascript add-on? I wish to digitally sign the e-tendering sites which are not opened anyway the message on the screen says- "Your connection is not secure. The owner of eprocuremes.gov.in has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website."

hi Suresh, the error message you are seeing is not a JavaScript or Java
plugin problem. The website eprocuremes.gov.in uses a security
certificate was issued by a certificate authority company called
"Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers and Chemicals Limited" and Firefox
doesn't recognize this certificate authority.

For some reason this certificate authority is recognized by other web
browsers, including Chrome and Edge. You can use one of those browsers
when you need to access the eprocuremes.gov.in website.

chris

Re: Java plugin phase out timeline

gonkill25
On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 2:03:41 AM UTC+8, Java Dev wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Hope all is well. The company I work for uses Java applets for our web products and we are currently planning our release schedules to replace Java applet tech, as it will affect many users in our product community and several products. As such, our dev team would like to better understand the "drop dead date" of when the Java plugin will stop working in Firefox.
>
> We are aware that the announcement was for end of 2016, but wanted to confirm if there is a more specific date other than 12/31/2016. Also, we would like to know if Firefox will follow a similar path as Chrome to provide a way to still manually enable the Java plugin for some time (disabled by default), perhaps even past end of 2016.
>
> We want our users to use Firefox instead of other browsers, especially since we have had to run through some hoops to get our corporate clients to switch from IE to Firefox for our web applications. For some reason, some corporations are resistant to running browsers other than IE and it took some convincing on our part.
>
> Your response is greatly appreciated. We would prefer our user community still use Firefox and not switch to IE, while we are working through converting our web products to web based technology and away from the Java plugin. We are concerned that if they switch to IE again, while we work to replace Java applets, their IT departments might not approve going back again to Firefox.
>
> Best Regards,
> Alexandra
>
> P.S. If you are interested, more information about our company and products is available at www.7thonline.com.

Re: Java plugin phase out timeline

gs34istanbul801
23 Şubat 2016 Salı 20:03:41 UTC+2 tarihinde Java Dev yazdı:

> Hello,
>
> Hope all is well. The company I work for uses Java applets for our web products and we are currently planning our release schedules to replace Java applet tech, as it will affect many users in our product community and several products. As such, our dev team would like to better understand the "drop dead date" of when the Java plugin will stop working in Firefox.
>
> We are aware that the announcement was for end of 2016, but wanted to confirm if there is a more specific date other than 12/31/2016. Also, we would like to know if Firefox will follow a similar path as Chrome to provide a way to still manually enable the Java plugin for some time (disabled by default), perhaps even past end of 2016.
>
> We want our users to use Firefox instead of other browsers, especially since we have had to run through some hoops to get our corporate clients to switch from IE to Firefox for our web applications. For some reason, some corporations are resistant to running browsers other than IE and it took some convincing on our part.
>
> Your response is greatly appreciated. We would prefer our user community still use Firefox and not switch to IE, while we are working through converting our web products to web based technology and away from the Java plugin. We are concerned that if they switch to IE again, while we work to replace Java applets, their IT departments might not approve going back again to Firefox.
>
> Best Regards,
> Alexandra
>
> P.S. If you are interested, more information about our company and products is available at www.7thonline.com.

Re: Java plugin phase out timeline

jennie.h1120
On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 10:03:41 AM UTC-8, Java Dev wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Hope all is well. The company I work for uses Java applets for our web products and we are currently planning our release schedules to replace Java applet tech, as it will affect many users in our product community and several products. As such, our dev team would like to better understand the "drop dead date" of when the Java plugin will stop working in Firefox.
>
> We are aware that the announcement was for end of 2016, but wanted to confirm if there is a more specific date other than 12/31/2016. Also, we would like to know if Firefox will follow a similar path as Chrome to provide a way to still manually enable the Java plugin for some time (disabled by default), perhaps even past end of 2016.
>
> We want our users to use Firefox instead of other browsers, especially since we have had to run through some hoops to get our corporate clients to switch from IE to Firefox for our web applications. For some reason, some corporations are resistant to running browsers other than IE and it took some convincing on our part.
>
> Your response is greatly appreciated. We would prefer our user community still use Firefox and not switch to IE, while we are working through converting our web products to web based technology and away from the Java plugin. We are concerned that if they switch to IE again, while we work to replace Java applets, their IT departments might not approve going back again to Firefox.
>
> Best Regards,
> Alexandra
>
> P.S. If you are interested, more information about our company and products is available at www.7thonline.com.

Re: Java plugin phase out timeline