Java & Flash 7 & extention togther result in seamonkey crash

Java & Flash 7 & extention togther result in seamonkey crash

Gregg Young-2
Hi

For sometime now I have had a problem with both mozilla 1.8 branch and
seamonkey (Peter's beta1 presently) closing without an error message
when a site with a java applet on it started to load the applet. I tried
a new profile and that solved the problem so I didn't report it.
However, with the seamonkey beta 1 I did a fresh install and rebuilt my
profile. After I installed mouse gestures, multizilla and google box the
problem return. I just today discovered a new part of the puzzle that
prompted this posting. I found that if I disable flash 7 that java
works. I then determined that with flash 7 enabled but with no currently
open site containing flash in any tab that java worked. I am wondering
if anyone has encountered something similar or if anyone has any
suggestions as to a fix. I will try to identify the extension that
actually causes this if it would be helpful. Thanks

Gregg

Re: Java & Flash 7 & extention togther result in seamonkey crash

Steve Wendt
Gregg Young wrote:

> I found that if I disable flash 7 that java works.

Is that Flash 7a or 7b?  If 7b, that is your problem.

Steve Wendt wrote:
> Gregg Young wrote:
>
>> I found that if I disable flash 7 that java works.
>
> Is that Flash 7a or 7b?  If 7b, that is your problem.

It is flash 7a updated to the latest win flash 7 (revision 61) and the
problem only occurs with the extensions installed.

Flash 7?

RJack-10
Where do I get flash 7?  I'm still on 5.

Gregg Young wrote:

> Hi
>
> For sometime now I have had a problem with both mozilla 1.8 branch and
> seamonkey (Peter's beta1 presently) closing without an error message
> when a site with a java applet on it started to load the applet. I tried
> a new profile and that solved the problem so I didn't report it.
> However, with the seamonkey beta 1 I did a fresh install and rebuilt my
> profile. After I installed mouse gestures, multizilla and google box the
> problem return. I just today discovered a new part of the puzzle that
> prompted this posting. I found that if I disable flash 7 that java
> works. I then determined that with flash 7 enabled but with no currently
> open site containing flash in any tab that java worked. I am wondering
> if anyone has encountered something similar or if anyone has any
> suggestions as to a fix. I will try to identify the extension that
> actually causes this if it would be helpful. Thanks
>
> Gregg

Re: Flash 7?

Gregg Young-2

Search google for flash7a.zip. It is on a .ru web site. This version has
  licensing problem. If you choose to use it see also the post on this
news group Security Vulnerability with Fash 7a R15 / 19 and Howto
implement the current Flash 7 version R61
to upgrade to revision 61.

Gregg