Java* NoScript Extension

Rinaldi J. Montessi-2
It's really hard for me to get excited about anything.  But this is
exciting.  Right click and block java* for a given site.

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&id=722

Background.

A fellow asked the other day in *.general if there were an extension to
block java* on  a per site basis.  There was a little back and forth but
no real answer to his question.

I kept thinking that there must be a solution so I spent a little time
researching and discovered the above.

It's designed for FF but is working on this mornings CVS build of
SeaMonkey.

--
*Rinaldi*
Ankh if you love Isis.

Re: Java* NoScript Extension

Philip Prindeville
Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:

> A fellow asked the other day in *.general if there were an extension
> to block java* on  a per site basis.  There was a little back and
> forth but no real answer to his question.
>
> I kept thinking that there must be a solution so I spent a little time
> researching and discovered the above.
>
> It's designed for FF but is working on this mornings CVS build of
> SeaMonkey.

Actually, that fellow was me, and the original posting already mentioned
the existence of NoScript, but pointed out that this was a *whitelist*
filtering
policy, meaning that "no sites are allowed except those explicitly
permitted".

I'm looking for a blacklist policy: "permit all sites except those
specifically
forbidden".

-Philip

Re: Java* NoScript Extension

Paul B. Gallagher
Philip Prindeville wrote:

> Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
>
>> A fellow asked the other day in *.general if there were an extension
>> to block java* on  a per site basis.  There was a little back and
>> forth but no real answer to his question.
>>
>> I kept thinking that there must be a solution so I spent a little time
>> researching and discovered the above.
>>
>> It's designed for FF but is working on this mornings CVS build of
>> SeaMonkey.
>>

> Actually, that fellow was me, and the original posting already mentioned
> the existence of NoScript, but pointed out that this was a *whitelist*
> filtering
> policy, meaning that "no sites are allowed except those explicitly
> permitted".
>
> I'm looking for a blacklist policy: "permit all sites except those
> specifically
> forbidden".
>
> -Philip

If you have Symantec's Norton Internet Security, you can do that through
the advanced controls of the Ad Blocking feature.

Not enough reason by itself to buy the program, but if you have it, you
may as well use it.

Paul B. Gallagher

Re: Java* NoScript Extension

matthew-17
On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 23:15:07 -0700, Philip Prindeville
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
>
>> A fellow asked the other day in *.general if there were an extension
>> to block java* on  a per site basis.  There was a little back and
>> forth but no real answer to his question.
>>
>> I kept thinking that there must be a solution so I spent a little time
>> researching and discovered the above.
>>
>> It's designed for FF but is working on this mornings CVS build of
>> SeaMonkey.
>>

>Actually, that fellow was me, and the original posting already mentioned
>the existence of NoScript, but pointed out that this was a *whitelist*
>filtering
>policy, meaning that "no sites are allowed except those explicitly
>permitted".
>
>I'm looking for a blacklist policy: "permit all sites except those
>specifically
>forbidden".
>
>-Philip

You could use a proxy like Proxomitron or Adsubtract that permit
selective blocking.

Re: Java* NoScript Extension

Rinaldi J. Montessi-2
Philip Prindeville wrote:
 > Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
 >
 >> A fellow asked the other day in *.general if there were an extension
 >> to block java* on  a per site basis.  There was a little back and
 >> forth but no real answer to his question.
 >
 > Actually, that fellow was me, and the original posting already mentioned
 > the existence of NoScript, but pointed out that this was a *whitelist*
 > filtering
 > policy, meaning that "no sites are allowed except those explicitly
 > permitted".

Correct.  I had gotten off on a tangent trying to manipulate java*
through userContent.css and completely forgotten what got me on that
track to begin with.

 > I'm looking for a blacklist policy: "permit all sites except those
 > specifically
 > forbidden".

Perhaps contacting the NoScript author and asking about an enhancement
to do as you wish?

--
*Rinaldi*
Have you noticed the way people's intelligence capabilities decline

Re: Java* NoScript Extension

Philip Prindeville
Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:

> [schnip]
> > I'm looking for a blacklist policy: "permit all sites except those
> > specifically forbidden".
>
> Perhaps contacting the NoScript author and asking about an enhancement
> to do as you wish?

I did, but he hasn't replied.

-Philip

Re: Java* NoScript Extension

Kasstelhuber
Rinaldi J. Montessi schrieb:

> It's really hard for me to get excited about anything.  But this is
> exciting.  Right click and block java* for a given site.
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&id=722
>

> Background.
>
> A fellow asked the other day in *.general if there were an extension to
> block java* on  a per site basis.  There was a little back and forth but
> no real answer to his question.
>
> I kept thinking that there must be a solution so I spent a little time
> researching and discovered the above.
>
> It's designed for FF but is working on this mornings CVS build of
> SeaMonkey.

Is anyone German here?

Re: Java* NoScript Extension

Matt Nordhoff
On 02/12/06 12:07, Kasstelhuber wrote:
> Is anyone German here?

Yeah. I'm not (at least in recent generations), but some people are.

(Followup-To mozilla.general.)
--
Matt Nordhoff, aka Peng