Iterator Functions

Sebastian Malton
With the ability to create iterators and convert other objects to them. Would it not make sense for them to implement most of the array style functions. These would execute lazily and only start once a call to `start` happens. (A new function as well).

Sebastian Malton

Re: Iterator Functions

Pranay Prakash
A buddy of mine has actually been working on implementing array producers/consumers as a library, and I think that's a good solution. i.e. iterators are a nice native addition that can power functionality like this in userland, and library authors can create libraries to make it easier to use in userland.

A quick google search shows me that there are existing libraries that do this (https://fitzgen.github.io/wu.js/) and what my friend is working on implements a `collect` method which sounds like the `start` method you mentioned.

Shameless plug: In the meanwhile, I've been working on a library too that, amongst other things, gives you lazy evaluated list transformations. I'll be talking about it at https://zeit.co/day :)

Cheers,
Pranay

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 at 15:42 Sebastian Malton <[hidden email]> wrote:
With the ability to create iterators and convert other objects to them. Would it not make sense for them to implement most of the array style functions. These would execute lazily and only start once a call to `start` happens. (A new function as well).

Sebastian Malton

Re: Iterator Functions

Isiah Meadows-2
I've got a proposal that kind of attacks this from a different angle:

- https://github.com/isiahmeadows/lifted-pipeline-strawman

It targets streams, but it can also work with iterables/iterators. In
fact, combining functionality that could be exposed to streams and
iterators identically was one of the driving reasons I formulated the
proposal how it is.

-----

Isiah Meadows

www.isiahmeadows.com