Is urlbase really required?

Michael Bauer-5
Hello,

My bugzilla (2.22) installation is served on two URLs, one for company
internal use (http://servername/bugzilla/) and one for our external
customers (https://mycompany.com/bugzilla/). The system is running on
Windows IIS and the external urls are hosted via an ISA Server.
The ISA Server forwards the external https:// requests as standard http://
requests to the IIS.

The problem was, that external users were always redirected to the internal
url, when logging in through the Bugzilla Main Page.
I found this behavior related to the fix for bug 32579, and decided to try
leaving the urlbase empty.

It worked. The action-URL is now relative and both internal and external
logins work.

However, as the docs explicitly tell you to fill that value i have the
strange feeling that i might have broken some other functionality.
Can someone tell me where this solution might cause problems?

What would you suggest for solving this problem? Have two bugilla
installations running on the same database?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Re: Is urlbase really required?

Thorsten Schöning
Hallo Michael Bauer,
Monday, August 14, 2006, 7:17:53 PM, haben Sie folgendes geschrieben:

> Can someone tell me where this solution might cause problems?

The links in e-mails send by bugzilla will no longer work, at leats
that was my experience.

> What would you suggest for solving this problem? Have two bugilla
> installations running on the same database?

We are using an SSH-tunnel from extern while the DNS-name of the
installation is for example in /etc/hosts of Windows or Linux.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme - Hameln | Potsdam | Leipzig

eMail [hidden email]

Telefon Potsdam...0331-743881-0
Telefon Mobil.....0178-8 9468-04