Is there any ETA when Thunderbird 63.0 will be released ?

Is there any ETA when Thunderbird 63.0 will be released ?

wilsonrob867
Is there any ETA when Thunderbird 63.0 will be released ?

Re: Is there any ETA when Thunderbird 63.0 will be released ?

Wayne Mery
On 10/16/2018 9:52 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Is there any ETA when Thunderbird 63.0 will be released ?

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Home#Releases is the best that can
be said.

Re: Is there any ETA when Thunderbird 63.0 will be released ?

Jörg Knobloch
On 16/10/2018 15:52, [hidden email] wrote:
> Is there any ETA when Thunderbird 63.0 will be released ?

TB 63 beta 1 is available now: https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/channel/

The next ESR, TB 68, will come out towards the end of 2019.

Jörg.

Re: Is there any ETA when Thunderbird 63.0 will be released ?

dillinger-2
On 10/16/18 6:01 PM, Jörg Knobloch wrote:
> The next ESR, TB 68, will come out towards the end of 2019.

Which gives me about a year to fix my extensions :)
Are there any plans for  the support of full themes in the future?

On 16/10/2018 23:31, dillinger wrote:
On 10/16/18 6:01 PM, Jörg Knobloch wrote:
The next ESR, TB 68, will come out towards the end of 2019.

Which gives me about a year to fix my extensions :)
Are there any plans for  the support of full themes in the future?

That's the idea. We will progressively introduce WebExtension APIs in the coming beta versions.

I think full themes won't be supported any more. There are WebExtension themes now and they already work, even in TB 60.

Jörg.

On 10/17/18 12:08 AM, Jörg Knobloch wrote:

> On 16/10/2018 23:31, dillinger wrote:
>> On 10/16/18 6:01 PM, Jörg Knobloch wrote:
>>> The next ESR, TB 68, will come out towards the end of 2019.
>>
>> Which gives me about a year to fix my extensions :)
>> Are there any plans for  the support of full themes in the future?
>
> That's the idea. We will progressively introduce WebExtension APIs in the coming
> beta versions.
>
> I think full themes won't be supported any more. There are WebExtension themes
> now and they already work, even in TB 60.
>
> Jörg.

That's what I thought, too bad, thanks anyway.

Re: Is there any ETA when Thunderbird 63.0 will be released ?

bharath kumar
On Tuesday, 16 October 2018 21:31:18 UTC+5:30, Jörg Knobloch  wrote:
> On 16/10/2018 15:52, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Is there any ETA when Thunderbird 63.0 will be released ?
>
> TB 63 beta 1 is available now: https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/channel/
>
> The next ESR, TB 68, will come out towards the end of 2019.
>
> Jörg.

Can I ask, what is ESR? Thunderbird 63 will not be released or something? Sorry, this might be a basic question.

Re: Is there any ETA when Thunderbird 63.0 will be released ?

WaltS48-10
On 10/24/18 2:36 PM, bharath kumar wrote:

> On Tuesday, 16 October 2018 21:31:18 UTC+5:30, Jörg Knobloch  wrote:
>> On 16/10/2018 15:52, [hidden email] wrote:
>>> Is there any ETA when Thunderbird 63.0 will be released ?
>>
>> TB 63 beta 1 is available now: https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/channel/
>>
>> The next ESR, TB 68, will come out towards the end of 2019.
>>
>> Jörg.
>

> Can I ask, what is ESR? Thunderbird 63 will not be released or something? Sorry, this might be a basic question.

It's confusing.

Thunderbird mainstream releases follow the Firefox Extended Support
Release train.

Thunderbird 63.0b1 is the current beta release and won't be a mainstream
release. Thunderbird 68.0 will be the next mainstream release.

Substitute Thunderbird for Firefox under the ESR heading in this
calendar. Thunderbird's will be released a bit later than the dates
listed. Also known as when ready. ;)

<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Release_Management/Calendar>
--
Get Involved <https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/>
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

Re: Is there any ETA when Thunderbird 63.0 will be released ?

bharath kumar
Thanks! Next Mozilla ESR is in around October 2019. Does this mean that next Thunderbird version available to user is 68 which will be available in around November or December 2019?

Bharath