Is there a way in XUL framework not to autohide menubars by default

Is there a way in XUL framework not to autohide menubars by default

Ivan Lazarev
Hello guys, for almost a week I'm looking the way of to show menus in xul app by default.

What is the proper way to do this, by settings maybe.

Or I should manually perform this in js after any window.open() instruction?

NB. My exact trouble is to switch by default on all menus in thunderbird.

Thank you,
Ivan

Re: Is there a way in XUL framework not to autohide menubars by default

Neil-4
Ivan Lazarev wrote:

>Hello guys, for almost a week I'm looking the way of to show menus in xul app by default.
>
>What is the proper way to do this, by settings maybe.
>
>Or I should manually perform this in js after any window.open() instruction?
>
>NB. My exact trouble is to switch by default on all menus in thunderbird.

This is done on a per-app basis; on certain platforms Thunderbird and
Firefox have an app button and so they hide their menu. I don't know how
this is done internally but I would expect that you would have to do
this in JavaScript after the window has opened.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

Re: Is there a way in XUL framework not to autohide menubars by default

jef peeraer-4
Op 10/18/2013 11:46 AM, Neil schreef:

> Ivan Lazarev wrote:
>
>> Hello guys, for almost a week I'm looking the way of to show menus in
>> xul app by default.
>> What is the proper way to do this, by settings maybe.
>> Or I should manually perform this in js after any window.open()
>> instruction?
>> NB. My exact trouble is to switch by default on all menus in thunderbird.
>>
> This is done on a per-app basis; on certain platforms Thunderbird and
> Firefox have an app button and so they hide their menu. I don't know how
> this is done internally but I would expect that you would have to do
> this in JavaScript after the window has opened.

Can't you do that with a command ?
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/XUL/command

Jef