Is it possible to clone a xul window multiple times, with diffferent contents?

Is it possible to clone a xul window multiple times, with diffferent contents?

Charles-89
I'm trying to create a "sticky-note" app where I want to manage any number of notes at any given time. Already managed to create the main program that can open another window (that will be my sticky note), but calling the function that created the first window won't call anymore windows. Is there a way to create another instance of one window multiple times with different contents?

This is the Javascript that i'm using to create a window:

    window.open("chrome://stickies/content/window.xul","window","chrome=1, titlebar=0");

RE: Is it possible to clone a xul window multiple times, with diffferent contents?

Shibu Narayanan
You need to give a new name every time you invoke a window.open().  Make it "widow_1", "window_2", and so on... That will give you new instances of the window.

Shibu Narayanan

I'm trying to create a "sticky-note" app where I want to manage any number of notes at any given time. Already managed to create the main program that can open another window (that will be my sticky note), but calling the function that created the first window won't call anymore windows. Is there a way to create another instance of one window multiple times with different contents?

This is the Javascript that i'm using to create a window:

    window.open("chrome://stickies/content/window.xul","window","chrome=1, titlebar=0"); _______________________________________________
dev-tech-xul mailing list

Re: Is it possible to clone a xul window multiple times, with diffferent contents?

Neil-4
Shibu Narayanan wrote:

>You need to give a new name every time you invoke a window.open().  Make it "widow_1", "window_2", and so on... That will give you new instances of the window.

Or just don't name your windows at all, use "_blank" instead.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

Re: Is it possible to clone a xul window multiple times, with diffferent contents?

Charles-89
Goddamn, that worked just fine, awesome! Many thanks!