Quantcast

Is it possible to add a new locale to Thunderbird?

Is it possible to add a new locale to Thunderbird?

Eduardo Trápani
Hi,

A contributor in the eo team would like to localize Thunderbird. There
are some non-official versions that can be used as a base.

What are the current options?

Eduardo.

Re: Is it possible to add a new locale to Thunderbird?

Jeff Beatty
Hi Eduardo,

We can enable Thunderbird on either Pootle or Pontoon. The Thunderbird
Council manages the localizations of that project and makes decisions about
when a locale is ready to ship. Someone from there will need to let you
know how to proceed.

Thanks,
Jeff

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 9:11 AM, Eduardo Trápani <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A contributor in the eo team would like to localize Thunderbird. There
> are some non-official versions that can be used as a base.
>
> What are the current options?
>
> Eduardo.

Jeff

Re: Is it possible to add a new locale to Thunderbird?

Eduardo Trápani
> We can enable Thunderbird on either Pootle or Pontoon. The Thunderbird
> Council manages the localizations of that project and makes decisions
> about when a locale is ready to ship. Someone from there will need to
> let you know how to proceed.

Ok, I already asked for Pontoon, where the rest of the projects live.

Will there also be a repository linked to Pontoon, one that we can access?

Eduardo.

Re: Is it possible to add a new locale to Thunderbird?

Jeff Beatty
It will be mercurial. Thunderbird, Seamonkey, Firefox, and Firefox for
Android all live in Mercurial.

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 11:13 AM, Eduardo Trápani <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> > We can enable Thunderbird on either Pootle or Pontoon. The Thunderbird
> > Council manages the localizations of that project and makes decisions
> > about when a locale is ready to ship. Someone from there will need to
> > let you know how to proceed.
>
> Ok, I already asked for Pontoon, where the rest of the projects live.
>
> Will there also be a repository linked to Pontoon, one that we can access?
>
> Eduardo.

Jeff

Re: Is it possible to add a new locale to Thunderbird?

Michael Wolf-2
Eduardo Trápani schrieb:
> A contributor in the eo team would like to localize Thunderbird. There
> are some non-official versions that can be used as a base.
>
> What are the current options?

Hi Eduardo, hi Jeff,

AFAIK Lightning is translated separately so Lightning should be added as
well.

MIchael