Is it OK for a scrolled frame to be a block while the scrollframe is inline?

Is it OK for a scrolled frame to be a block while the scrollframe is inline?

Boris Zbarsky
I just changed nsSelectsAreaFrame to always have block display (see
http://bonsai.mozilla.org/cvsquery.cgi?treeid=default&module=all&branch=REFLOW_200&branchtype=regexp&dir=&file=&filetype=match&who=&whotype=match&sortby=Date&hours=2&date=explicit&mindate=2006-07-23+19%3A18&maxdate=2006-07-23+19%3A20&cvsroot=%2Fcvsroot).
  The idea was to make markup like:

<select style="width: 100%" size="2">
<option selected>one</option>
</select>

actually show the blue highlight across the width of the select (that is, to
make the nsSelectsAreaFrame use block auto width sizing).

I've been doing some testing, and this seems to work great, but in general, are
there any obvious issues with having the block display here?  Note that the
frame type is not affected, only things that look at the display value (e.g.
nsHTMLReflowState).

-Boris