Involuntary list subscriptions?

Dave Miller
Over the last few hours we've had an unusually large number of new subscribers to this mailing list.

If we're just getting advertised somewhere new and you're all here on purpose, then welcome to the list!

But they're all Yahoo and AOL addresses (both now run by OATH) which makes me really suspicious (because they're all from the same provider, not because of who the ISP is).

This list has a double opt in policy for new subscribers, which means whoever is creating the new subscriptions has access to the email addresses. If you were just recently subscribed and it was against your will, I suggest changing your email password, double check any forwarding configuration, and contacting OATH tech support to report it. You can use the link at the bottom of this email to unsubscribe.