Invited speakers for QA Team Meetings for 2016Q1

Invited speakers for QA Team Meetings for 2016Q1

kthiessen
Quality folks --

Who would you like to hear from in our every-other-week Wednesday meeting?

Some ideas to start this off:

* Toby Elliott, Services Dev Manager, on how we build services for Firefox.
* Lawrence Mandel, Release Engineering
* Mark Mayo on possible alternative release cycles.

What do other folks think?

Thanks,
--KT.

Re: Invited speakers for QA Team Meetings for 2016Q1

kthiessen
On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 2:36:19 PM UTC-8, [hidden email] wrote:

> Quality folks --
>
> Who would you like to hear from in our every-other-week Wednesday meeting?
>
> Some ideas to start this off:
>
> * Toby Elliott, Services Dev Manager, on how we build services for Firefox.
> * Lawrence Mandel, Release Engineering
> * Mark Mayo on possible alternative release cycles.
>
> What do other folks think?
>
> Thanks,
> --KT.

Robert Kaiser suggests Doug Turner, to hear about quality issues on the platform side.  (Robert is a bit too backlogged to post just now.)

Re: Invited speakers for QA Team Meetings for 2016Q1

Stuart Philp
Nick Nguyen would be good for once in a while product updates (maybe 6
weeks before the spring campaign?)

I thought Milan's talk at Mozlando was pretty interesting on the graphics
crashes, might be good to dive in a bit more

There's a wishlist started here:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Team_Meeting/Speakers

Feel free to update that, and reach outside the company too

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 5:43 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 2:36:19 PM UTC-8, [hidden email]
> wrote:
> > Quality folks --
> >
> > Who would you like to hear from in our every-other-week Wednesday
> meeting?
> >
> > Some ideas to start this off:
> >
> > * Toby Elliott, Services Dev Manager, on how we build services for
> Firefox.
> > * Lawrence Mandel, Release Engineering
> > * Mark Mayo on possible alternative release cycles.
> >
> > What do other folks think?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --KT.
>
> Robert Kaiser suggests Doug Turner, to hear about quality issues on the
> platform side.  (Robert is a bit too backlogged to post just now.)

Re: Invited speakers for QA Team Meetings for 2016Q1

Maja Frydrychowicz
davehunt was explaining the approach to test automation in bedrock [1] (if
my memory serves me right) to whimboo and me at Mozlando. I'd love to hear
more.

Side note: let's invite Kent Beck to speak at a brantina! =D

[1] https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock

Maja Frydrychowicz
irc: maja_zf

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 5:43 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 2:36:19 PM UTC-8, [hidden email]
> wrote:
> > Quality folks --
> >
> > Who would you like to hear from in our every-other-week Wednesday
> meeting?
> >
> > Some ideas to start this off:
> >
> > * Toby Elliott, Services Dev Manager, on how we build services for
> Firefox.
> > * Lawrence Mandel, Release Engineering
> > * Mark Mayo on possible alternative release cycles.
> >
> > What do other folks think?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --KT.
>
> Robert Kaiser suggests Doug Turner, to hear about quality issues on the
> platform side.  (Robert is a bit too backlogged to post just now.)

Re: Invited speakers for QA Team Meetings for 2016Q1

Dave Hunt-3
Sure, I’d be happy to show the new functional test suite for Bedrock and how it fits into the developer workflow.