Introduction of Jon Gunderson

Jon Gunderson
I have been working on the Mozilla/Firefox Accessibility
Extension [1] for about 18 months.  The purpose of the
extension is to implement the requirements of the W3C User
Agent Accessibility Guidelines [2] of which I was invloved
in developing and extend the extension to support Firefox
DHTML accessibility initiatives.  The organization of the
menus in the tool are based on the CITES/DRES accessibility
best practices for implementation of Section 508 [3] and W3C
WCAG Double-A conformance [4] materials.

I have been involved in technology and disability since 1979
as a student at UW-Madison.  I am currently Director of IT
Accessibility at the University of Illinois in
Urbana/Champaign.  On a personal note I once worked in the
same building as Aaron Leventhal when I was renting an
office from Raised Dot Comnputing in Madison, Wisconsin.

Jon

[1] http://firefox.cita.uiuc.edu
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG/
[3] http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/standards.htm
[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG/

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D.
Director of IT Accessibility Services
and
Disability Resources and Education Services (DRES)

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248
Cell: (217) 714-6313

E-mail: [hidden email]