Introducing a 3-column translation workbench in Pontoon

Introducing a 3-column translation workbench in Pontoon

Matjaz Horvat-2
Hi,

Earlier this year we announced changes to the review process will be coming
to Pontoon once the Translate.Next rewrite is complete:
https://discourse.mozilla.org/t/translation-comments/35386

Today we're happy to ship the first batch of improvements, highlighted by a
new 3-column translation workbench layout, which brings several changes:

1. A 3rd column has been added in addition to the string list and the
editor, which hosts Machinery and Locales panels.

2. User suggestions and Machinery results - both of which are critical
during the review process - can now be seen at the same time.

3. Editor is now centered in the middle of the screen and uses the same
amount of space as before. Translations in History panel use avatars.

4. String list occupies half of its previous width. Source strings and
translations are in separate lines and no longer truncated.

We hope you like the new layout as much as we do. And please let us know if
you have any problems!

Our next step will be to add the ability to resize columns, followed by
support for translation comments and notification improvements as
documented in the product spec:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12vOi2Edjh7THvrUM9gvZksGp-DlUTz0XlxvW05ZXHYU/edit

Thanks,
Matjaž

Re: Introducing a 3-column translation workbench in Pontoon

maktrix
On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 7:56 PM Matjaz Horvat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Earlier this year we announced changes to the review process will be coming
> to Pontoon once the Translate.Next rewrite is complete:
> https://discourse.mozilla.org/t/translation-comments/35386
>
> Today we're happy to ship the first batch of improvements, highlighted by a
> new 3-column translation workbench layout, which brings several changes:
>
> 1. A 3rd column has been added in addition to the string list and the
> editor, which hosts Machinery and Locales panels.
>
> 2. User suggestions and Machinery results - both of which are critical
> during the review process - can now be seen at the same time.
>
> 3. Editor is now centered in the middle of the screen and uses the same
> amount of space as before. Translations in History panel use avatars.

Editor in the middle - Most awesome change. Thanks.