Quantcast

Internet Health/Digital Inclusion

Rhoslyn Prys-2
I'm translating: mozorg/internet-health/digital-inclusion.lang:219

Donate your old computers, laptops, and phones to non-profits like <a
href="%(reconnect)s">Reconnect</a>, <a href="%(strut)s">Students
Recycling Used Technology</a>, or <a
href="%(interconnection)s">Interconnection</a>, who refurbish and
redistribute them to underserved communities.

It's unrealistic to send stuff to the States. Can I insert links to
organisations in Wales or the rest of Britain that offer a similar
service? If I can find any... , or edit ti to say

Donate your old computers, laptops, and phones to organisations who
refurbish and redistribute them to underserved communities.

and drop the links altogether?

Rhos

Re: Internet Health/Digital Inclusion

Michael Bauer-11
Good point Rhos!

There's this, I think I looked into them previously but they didn't have
a collection near me at the time
http://www.computers4africa.org.uk/

Michael

Sgrìobh Rhoslyn Prys na leanas 19/03/2017 aig 15:10:

> I'm translating: mozorg/internet-health/digital-inclusion.lang:219
>
> Donate your old computers, laptops, and phones to non-profits like <a
> href="%(reconnect)s">Reconnect</a>, <a href="%(strut)s">Students
> Recycling Used Technology</a>, or <a
> href="%(interconnection)s">Interconnection</a>, who refurbish and
> redistribute them to underserved communities.
>
> It's unrealistic to send stuff to the States. Can I insert links to
> organisations in Wales or the rest of Britain that offer a similar
> service? If I can find any... , or edit ti to say
>
> Donate your old computers, laptops, and phones to organisations who
> refurbish and redistribute them to underserved communities.
>
> and drop the links altogether?
>
> Rhos

*Akerbeltz <http://www.faclair.com/>*
Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon
Fòn: +44-141-946 4437
Facs: +44-141-945 2701

*Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!*
Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting,
geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net
<http://www.iGaidhlig.net/>
pmo

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 10:32:51 AM UTC-7, Michael Bauer wrote:

> Good point Rhos!
>
> There's this, I think I looked into them previously but they didn't have
> a collection near me at the time
> http://www.computers4africa.org.uk/
>
> Michael
>
> Sgrìobh Rhoslyn Prys na leanas 19/03/2017 aig 15:10:
> > I'm translating: mozorg/internet-health/digital-inclusion.lang:219
> >
> > Donate your old computers, laptops, and phones to non-profits like <a
> > href="%(reconnect)s">Reconnect</a>, <a href="%(strut)s">Students
> > Recycling Used Technology</a>, or <a
> > href="%(interconnection)s">Interconnection</a>, who refurbish and
> > redistribute them to underserved communities.
> >
> > It's unrealistic to send stuff to the States. Can I insert links to
> > organisations in Wales or the rest of Britain that offer a similar
> > service? If I can find any... , or edit ti to say
> >
> > Donate your old computers, laptops, and phones to organisations who
> > refurbish and redistribute them to underserved communities.
> >
> > and drop the links altogether?
> >
> > Rhos

> *Akerbeltz <http://www.faclair.com/>*
> Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon
> Fòn: +44-141-946 4437
> Facs: +44-141-945 2701
>
> *Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!*
> Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting,
> geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net
> <http://www.iGaidhlig.net/>

Excellent point raised here. Let's use the dev-l10n-web mailing list for web project discussion. Such org may or may not exist in all countries so it's best that we modify the source string.  Leave it as is for now and wait for an update on this.  We need to reword it.