Intent to decommission MozTrap

Jonathan Griffin-2
We are planning to decommission MozTrap [https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/MozTrap],
a tool for managing manual test cases. As far as we know, all users have
migrated to alternatives. We plan to shut this system down by Nov 1, 2016.

If you have any concerns, please let me know.

Jonathan

Re: Intent to decommission MozTrap

Stuart Philp
Just adding softvision here in case they can't see the lists. I believe we
are all out now but worth a double check.

Cheers

On Thursday, 6 October 2016, Jonathan Griffin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We are planning to decommission MozTrap [https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/
> MozTrap],
> a tool for managing manual test cases. As far as we know, all users have
> migrated to alternatives. We plan to shut this system down by Nov 1, 2016.
>
> If you have any concerns, please let me know.
>
> Jonathan

Re: Intent to decommission MozTrap

Wayne Mery
On 10/6/2016 6:36 PM, Jonathan Griffin wrote:
> We are planning to decommission MozTrap [https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/MozTrap],
> a tool for managing manual test cases. As far as we know, all users have
> migrated to alternatives. We plan to shut this system down by Nov 1, 2016.
>
> If you have any concerns, please let me know.
>
> Jonathan

Thunderbird still has unmigrated tests there.
Unclear what the next step is - we are assessing.

Re: Intent to decommission MozTrap

pkewisch
On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 1:40:55 PM UTC+2, Wayne wrote:

> On 10/6/2016 6:36 PM, Jonathan Griffin wrote:
> > We are planning to decommission MozTrap [https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/MozTrap],
> > a tool for managing manual test cases. As far as we know, all users have
> > migrated to alternatives. We plan to shut this system down by Nov 1, 2016.
> >
> > If you have any concerns, please let me know.
> >
> > Jonathan
> >

> Thunderbird still has unmigrated tests there.
> Unclear what the next step is - we are assessing.

Does anyone know what other tools folks have migrated to?

Philipp

Re: Intent to decommission MozTrap

Ioana Chiorean
We started using TestRail for Firefox Desktop and Mobile QA.

Stuart might have more info on how to onboard other projects I think.

Ioana

On 07.10.2016 14:55, [hidden email] wrote:

> On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 1:40:55 PM UTC+2, Wayne wrote:
>> On 10/6/2016 6:36 PM, Jonathan Griffin wrote:
>>> We are planning to decommission MozTrap [https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/MozTrap],
>>> a tool for managing manual test cases. As far as we know, all users have
>>> migrated to alternatives. We plan to shut this system down by Nov 1, 2016.
>>>
>>> If you have any concerns, please let me know.
>>>
>>> Jonathan
>>>
>> Thunderbird still has unmigrated tests there.
>> Unclear what the next step is - we are assessing.
> Does anyone know what other tools folks have migrated to?
>
> Philipp

Re: Intent to decommission MozTrap

Wayne Mery
Stuart,

November 1 comes soon. What are the choices to migrate, and what is the
process to migrate?  (hopefully automated)

I wonder if we could even achieve a migrate of 400 tests by November 1.

And how much time does it take to migrate , and On 10/7/2016 8:03 AM,
ioana.chiorean wrote:

> We started using TestRail for Firefox Desktop and Mobile QA.
>
> Stuart might have more info on how to onboard other projects I think.
>

> Ioana
>

> On 07.10.2016 14:55, [hidden email] wrote:

>>> Thunderbird still has unmigrated tests there.
>>> Unclear what the next step is - we are assessing.
>> Does anyone know what other tools folks have migrated to?
>>
>> Philipp

Re: Intent to decommission MozTrap

Rebecca Billings
Hi Wayne-
I asked around about the possibility of doing this. There is a process to
get the data into a CSV file for transfer to TestRail. If you can tell me
specifically which project & runs this is for I will pass it on. Feel free
to email me directly.

Cheers,
~Rebecca
:rbillings