Instance file not updated for submission with method="put" when javascript is disabled

Instance file not updated for submission with method="put" when javascript is disabled

Manfred Staudinger
Hi,

When Javascript is disabled in Firefox, my changes to the xf:input
field (with incremental="true") do not show up in the corresponding
xf:output value; also, on save (method="put", see the code below), I
get the success message but the instance document "index-com.xml" does
not get updated (obviously the xforms-value-changed events are
cleared).

In my understanding XForms is desiged to be declarative. So for me
this looks like a (severe?) bug but I did not find anything on
Bugzilla - any comments?

I'm using Firefox 3.6.8 with Mozilla XForms 0.8.7 on Windows XP Home Edition

Regards,
Manfred

<xf:submission id="save-com" method="put" includenamespaceprefixes="dibau">
   <xf:resource value="'index-com.xml'"/>
   <xf:action ev:event="xforms-submit-done">
      <xf:setvalue ref="instance('messages')/xforms-submit-done/save-uri"
         value="concat(substring(local-dateTime(), 12, 8), '  Daten
gespeichert in ',
         event('resource-uri'))"/>
   </xf:action>
   <xf:action ev:event="xforms-submit-error">
      <xf:message level="modal"><span>Error</span></xf:message>
   </xf:action>
</xf:submission>

<xf:submit submission="save-com">
   <xf:label>Save</xf:label>
</xf:submit>

Re: Instance file not updated for submission with method="put" when javascript is disabled

Aaron Reed
Hi Manfred,

I doubt that our processor will work without JS enabled because all of
our controls were written using XBL which we use to translate xforms
elements to html elements under the covers with some JS to handle simple
processing and tie that processing into the main c++ processing.  We'd
originally started out writing a c++ only processor but that had to go
by the wayside when XTF's UI capabilities were never fully developed.

AFAIK extension chrome written in XBL won't work if JS is disabled.  I
don't think Mozilla makes a distinction between JS in the chrome and JS
that isn't, but I could be wrong.

--Aaron