Installation Error

Jack Sparrow
Hi All,

I'm trying to install Bugzilla 3.2.6 on Linux (Centos 5.4).
When i install perrl package (Email::Send). It throws error 225 (make test error).

Can anyone please help me. Trying from very long time.

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Installation Error

Thorsten Schöning
Guten Tag Jack Sparrow,
am Donnerstag, 13. Dezember 2012 um 10:45 schrieben Sie:

> I'm trying to install Bugzilla 3.2.6 on Linux (Centos 5.4).

Any reason why you don't use the current stable version 4.2.x?

> When i install perrl package (Email::Send). It throws error 225 (make test
> error).

How do you install, CPAN or package manager? If CPAN, prefer the
package manager first.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:[hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

Re: Installation Error

Jack Sparrow
Tried with both but result is same.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Thorsten Schöning [via Mozilla] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Guten Tag Jack Sparrow,
am Donnerstag, 13. Dezember 2012 um 10:45 schrieben Sie:

> I'm trying to install Bugzilla 3.2.6 on Linux (Centos 5.4).

Any reason why you don't use the current stable version 4.2.x?

> When i install perrl package (Email::Send). It throws error 225 (make test
> error).

How do you install, CPAN or package manager? If CPAN, prefer the
package manager first.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:[hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

http://mozilla.6506.n7.nabble.com/Installation-Error-tp265954p265956.html
To unsubscribe from Installation Error, click here.
NAML

--
Warm Regards,

Santosh Reddy.N

Re: Installation Error

Jack Sparrow
Tried with both but result is same :(

Re: Installation Error

Thorsten Schöning
Guten Tag Jack Sparrow,
am Donnerstag, 13. Dezember 2012 um 11:24 schrieben Sie:

> Tried with both but result is same :(

Regarding the following source package manager should work, there may
be something broken with your system.

http://ravindrasinghgohil.blogspot.de/2012/02/steps-to-install-bugzilla-42-on-centos.html

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:[hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

Re: Installation Error

Dave Miller
You can't get a test error when you install via the package manager, because it doesn't run the tests.  Did you get some other error?

Try:  yum install 'perl(Email::Send)'

http://mozilla.6506.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

--
Dave Miller                                     http://www.justdave.net/
IT Infrastructure Engineer, Mozilla             http://www.mozilla.org/

Re: Installation Error

Jack Sparrow
I tried with that even. Result is

yum install 'perl(Email::Send)'
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * base: centos.aol.in
 * extras: centos.aol.in
 * updates: centos.aol.in
Setting up Install Process
No package perl(Email::Send) available.
Nothing to do

Re: Installation Error

Jack Sparrow
My perl version is 5.8.8 32 bit centos server.
For this i'm facing problem while installing Email::Send module.
Pls help me anyone.

Thanks in advance

Re: Installation Error

Dave Miller
Ah, you need to add either the rpmforge or epel repositories (but not both - they don't mix well) to get a lot of the Perl modules.  RHEL and CentOS don't ship a lot of them by default for some reason.