Insert Signature...

Anonymous-8
There should be an "insert signature" option.

If you write a new email message, and then accidentally delete quotes,
and everything else besides the message you just typed, you should be
able to reinsert a/the signature without having to compose a new mail
and either copying the sig from there, or copying the new message to
that window.

I tried trawling extensions but couldn't find anything related.

It's probably easy to do, but I have no diea about even step 1 of making
extensions, hence my appearance here.

Re: Insert Signature...

Leonidas Jones
Anonymous wrote:

> There should be an "insert signature" option.
>
> If you write a new email message, and then accidentally delete quotes,
> and everything else besides the message you just typed, you should be
> able to reinsert a/the signature without having to compose a new mail
> and either copying the sig from there, or copying the new message to
> that window.
>
> I tried trawling extensions but couldn't find anything related.
>
> It's probably easy to do, but I have no diea about even step 1 of making
> extensions, hence my appearance here.

I think there are several.  Quick Text allows a large number or
prewritten text snippets to be inserted, as well as inserting a file.
If you inadvertently deleted your sig, you  could reinsert it by using
Other, Inset file as text, and browse to your sig file.

Lee

Re: Insert Signature...

Neil-4
Anonymous wrote:

> If you write a new email message, and then accidentally delete quotes,
> and everything else besides the message you just typed, you should be
> able to reinsert a/the signature without having to compose a new mail
> and either copying the sig from there, or copying the new message to
> that window.

IIRC if you switch identity then your signature is refreshed to that of
the new identity.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.