Innotek downloads are gone

Dave Yeo-3
Seems that all the Innotek downloads are now gone with a message at
Innotek.de about Sun acquiring them and only mention of virtualbox.
Perhaps we could get a directory at netlabs.org to archive everything?
Dave

Re: Innotek downloads are gone

Steve Wendt
On 4/29/2008 4:19 PM, Dave Yeo wrote:

> Seems that all the Innotek downloads are now gone with a message at
> Innotek.de about Sun acquiring them and only mention of virtualbox.
> Perhaps we could get a directory at netlabs.org to archive everything?

I could probably put the browser-related stuff on os2bbs (via the
Warpzilla Tips page), if some other download location doesn't work out.
  I've already got IPluginW there, and my links to Flash 5, Java 1.4.2,
Acrobat 4/5, and FT2Lib are now dead.

I think Java is the only big one - I should probably request permission
from Pete Norloff before putting that one up.

On 04/29/08 04:32 pm, Steve Wendt wrote:

> On 4/29/2008 4:19 PM, Dave Yeo wrote:
>
>> Seems that all the Innotek downloads are now gone with a message at
>> Innotek.de about Sun acquiring them and only mention of virtualbox.
>> Perhaps we could get a directory at netlabs.org to archive everything?
>
> I could probably put the browser-related stuff on os2bbs (via the
> Warpzilla Tips page), if some other download location doesn't work out.
> I've already got IPluginW there, and my links to Flash 5, Java 1.4.2,
> Acrobat 4/5, and FT2Lib are now dead.

Yes that would be an ideal location.
Seems I read somewhere that Innotek were going to upload the source of
various projects to netlabs. I see now that Peter has the source to
IPluginw and is in the process of integrating it to Mozilla. Be nice if
the source to FT2LIB and the Innotek runtime would show up, ideally with
a permissive license, perhaps the LGPL. (or the Mozilla tri-license).

> I think Java is the only big one - I should probably request permission
> from Pete Norloff before putting that one up.

Yes always good to clarify licencing and permissions first.
Dave

Re: Innotek downloads are gone

Steve Wendt
On 04/29/08 04:32 pm, Steve Wendt wrote:

> I could probably put the browser-related stuff on os2bbs (via the
> Warpzilla Tips page), if some other download location doesn't work out.
> I've already got IPluginW there, and my links to Flash 5, Java 1.4.2,
> Acrobat 4/5, and FT2Lib are now dead.

Flash 5 and FT2Lib are now hosted on the Warpzilla Tips page.  Flash 5
is more or less obsolete already, and FT2Lib won't be necessary with
Mozilla 1.9.x builds (although I do hope it becomes a NetLabs project!).

The Java 1.4.2 link now points to download.innotek.de (which still
works), and the libc05 link already pointed there; libc05 will also be
obsolete with Mozilla 1.9.x.  It would be nice if someone repackaged the
last Java 1.4.x Win32 release from Sun, but I don't know how feasible
that is (to get working plugins) without the wrapper source code.

I'm hoping someone can provide download.innotek.de links for the Acrobat
builds - does anyone know what directory they were in (you can't browse
the directory tree!)?

Re: Innotek downloads are gone

Steve Wendt
On 04/29/08 04:32 pm, Steve Wendt wrote:

> my links to Flash 5, Java 1.4.2,
> Acrobat 4/5, and FT2Lib are now dead.

Speaking of dead links, QuickMotion.com is gone.  Is there any reason to
keep the QuickFlick plugin listed?  I'm leaning toward removing it...

On 04/29/08 09:44 pm, Steve Wendt wrote:

> Speaking of dead links, QuickMotion.com is gone.  Is there any reason to
> keep the QuickFlick plugin listed?  I'm leaning toward removing it...

Gone.

Re: Innotek downloads are gone

Heikki Kekki
On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 04:41:22 UTC, Steve Wendt <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I'm hoping someone can provide download.innotek.de links for the Acrobat
> builds - does anyone know what directory they were in (you can't browse
> the directory tree!)?

I have

http://download.innotek.de/acrobatos2/4.05R4/OS2KitAcrobatReader405R4.ex
http://download.innotek.de/acrobatos2/5.1Preview1/OS2KitAcrobatReader51P
review1.exe

WPS features are very useful :-)

--
Hessu
Feel free to correct my English :-)

On 04/30/08 03:12 am, Heikki Kekki wrote:

> http://download.innotek.de/acrobatos2/4.05R4/OS2KitAcrobatReader405R4.exe
> http://download.innotek.de/acrobatos2/5.1Preview1/OS2KitAcrobatReader51Preview1.exe

Thanks!  Links are updated to use those.

Re: Innotek downloads are gone

Peter Weilbacher
On 30.04.08 05:21, Dave Yeo wrote:
> Seems I read somewhere that Innotek were going to upload the source of
> various projects to netlabs. I see now that Peter has the source to
> IPluginw and is in the process of integrating it to Mozilla. Be nice if
> the source to FT2LIB and the Innotek runtime would show up, ideally with
> a permissive license, perhaps the LGPL. (or the Mozilla tri-license).

Did you try to email Achim Hasenm├╝ller about that? I guess that
[hidden email] still works for that purpose. He was quite willing to
give me the sources of IPluginW. (It only took so long to get that into
Bugzilla because the legal status within IBM had to be verified.)
--
Please                      Enhanced OS/2 builds of Mozilla applications
reply in                                    http://pmw-warpzilla.sf.net/

Re: Innotek downloads are gone

David T. Johnson
Steve Wendt wrote:
> On 04/30/08 03:12 am, Heikki Kekki wrote:
>
>> http://download.innotek.de/acrobatos2/4.05R4/OS2KitAcrobatReader405R4.exe
>> http://download.innotek.de/acrobatos2/5.1Preview1/OS2KitAcrobatReader51Preview1.exe
>

> Thanks!  Links are updated to use those.

Another useful file is the Innotek runtime libraries (which provide the
Innowin environment for running many win32 applications) which can still
be found (for the moment) at:

http://download.innotek.de/innowin/112b20/InnoTekRuntime_112b20.exe

--
Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
and Sea Monkey 1.5a

On 5/1/2008 6:59 AM, Peter Weilbacher wrote:

> [hidden email] still works for that purpose. He was quite willing to
> give me the sources of IPluginW. (It only took so long to get that into
> Bugzilla because the legal status within IBM had to be verified.)

Was IBM the "paying customer" for the development of IPluginW?  I can't
think of another reason that IBM had to be involved...

Re: Innotek downloads are gone

Michael Kaply
Steve Wendt wrote:
> On 5/1/2008 6:59 AM, Peter Weilbacher wrote:
>
>> [hidden email] still works for that purpose. He was quite willing to
>> give me the sources of IPluginW. (It only took so long to get that
>> into Bugzilla because the legal status within IBM had to be verified.)
>
> Was IBM the "paying customer" for the development of IPluginW?  I can't
> think of another reason that IBM had to be involved...

Yes we were. And I thought the contract made it a work for hire, but it
wasn't.

Took me way too long to get it to a lawyer.

Mike

On 05/01/08 10:48 am, David T. Johnson wrote:

> Another useful file is the Innotek runtime libraries (which provide the
> Innowin environment for running many win32 applications) which can still
> be found (for the moment) at:
>
> http://download.innotek.de/innowin/112b20/InnoTekRuntime_112b20.exe

Quite true - updated the Java and Acrobat items to link to that as well.