InnoDB fulltext index

Jochen Wiedmann
FYI: With MySQL 5.6, the InnoDB engine is now supporting full text
indixes. Perhaps, this might be an opportunity for some code
simplifications. Requiring 5.6 as the MySQL version seems fine to me.

Jochen

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/fulltext-search.html

--
The best argument for celibacy is that the clergy will sooner or later
become extinct.
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists@...>

Re: InnoDB fulltext index

Frédéric Buclin
Le 26. 09. 12 08:12, Jochen Wiedmann a écrit :
> FYI: With MySQL 5.6, the InnoDB engine is now supporting full text
> indixes. Perhaps, this might be an opportunity for some code
> simplifications. Requiring 5.6 as the MySQL version seems fine to me.

MySQL 5.6 didn't reach the Release Candidate stage yet and so is not
stable. We cannot require 5.6 before a long time, because older distros
will still have an older version of MySQL. It will probably take 2 years
before we can require such a new version. And before we require 5.6, we
also have to make sure that MariaDB also supports this feature.

LpSolit

-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists@...>

Re: InnoDB fulltext index

yakoub 2
fulltext index sql syntax is not compatible across different databases
so code written for mysql won't run on postgres
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/textsearch.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/fulltext-search.html

web framework usually have search api interface like django haystack
http://haystacksearch.org/

-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists@...>

Re: InnoDB fulltext index

Dave Miller
-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists@...>

Re: InnoDB fulltext index

Yuav
Are there any syntax changes between full text MyISAM and InnoDB searches required at the Bugzilla end, or could the table be migrated manually without any Bugzilla hickups?