Indonesiam translation for Firefox

Dody Suria Wijaya
Hi,

I'd like to make a little contribution by doing translation for Firefox
to Indonesian Language (Bahasa Indonesia). I have register myself in
BugZilla, and file a bug report specifying this request (no reply yet as
of now). So, what's next?

Scanning page after page of "guide to i10n" documents in Mozilla site,
tt seems that translating Firefox is not trivial job, at least compared
to Opera, where the translator would only have to translate a nicely
commented piece of text file, and can be tested immediately without
restarting (and I assume would be simple emailed).

Where Firefox requires difficult CVS access, checkout, merging, commit
(and of course the user/pass for that).

Btw, following
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/l10n/l10n-step-by-step.html
which looking at the URI seems to be the most authorative place to
start, the first link in that page is broken:
http://www.mozillatranslator.org/data/mt504.zip

--
   dsw

Re: Indonesiam translation for Firefox

Axel Hecht

Dody Suria Wijaya wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to make a little contribution by doing translation for Firefox
> to Indonesian Language (Bahasa Indonesia). I have register myself in
> BugZilla, and file a bug report specifying this request (no reply yet as
> of now). So, what's next?
>
> Scanning page after page of "guide to i10n" documents in Mozilla site,
> tt seems that translating Firefox is not trivial job, at least compared
> to Opera, where the translator would only have to translate a nicely
> commented piece of text file, and can be tested immediately without
> restarting (and I assume would be simple emailed).
>
> Where Firefox requires difficult CVS access, checkout, merging, commit
> (and of course the user/pass for that).
>
> Btw, following
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/l10n/l10n-step-by-step.html
> which looking at the URI seems to be the most authorative place to
> start, the first link in that page is broken:
> http://www.mozillatranslator.org/data/mt504.zip

There isn't really an authorative document on fx l10n around. There are
folks doing a little bit of it at a few places, but nobody has the
cycles to consolidate or finish the efforts right now.

Docs should likely end up on devmo in the end, for those that feel keen
to start. Apart from project-specific information, which will likely end
up on wiki.mozilla.org as it is now.

Regarding the Indonesian localization, you got feedback there, as I
read, so we'll see how that goes.

Axel