Quantcast

Incentives in open source participation: A survey

Incentives in open source participation: A survey

Malvika Rao
Hi everyone,

The Connected Devices Contributor Experience Research study by Mozilla
sought to understand why contributors invest time and effort into open
source projects. Building on this study, we are conducting research,
supported by Mozilla, to understand what incentivizes people to continue or
stop contributing.

Our goal is to obtain insights into what motivates contributors, what are
the rewards for contributor labor on a project, what factors might lead to
disengagement, what activities might be displacing open source, and how to
improve participation incentives and increase the value generated.

To this end we have designed a survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/support-bugzilla

We would love to hear about your experience, the things you care about, and
what you think could be improved. Your responses are very valuable.

The survey is anonymous and takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. Check it
out! If you are interested to discuss more about our project, please get in
touch at [hidden email].

Best regards,
Malvika