Improving consistency of translations and other novelties in Pontoon

Improving consistency of translations and other novelties in Pontoon

Matjaz Horvat-2
Hi!

It's been quite some time since we announced new features in Pontoon. We've
been extending support for Fluent, bringing string tiers to life and
working on under the hood refactorings. Expect to hear more about that soon.

Additionally, we also completed work on a handful of features and landed
them:

1. You can now translate strings of all projects enabled for your locale in
one place, which is especially useful for fixing inconsistencies between
multiple projects.

2. We changed the default search behaviour to search for each word
separately and show results that contain all of them (kind of like what web
search engines do).

3. Finally, you can change your email address.

Read more about the new featues on our blog:
https://blog.mozilla.org/l10n/2018/03/30/improving-consistency-of-translations-and-other-novelties-in-pontoon/

Thanks to Vishal Sharma, Mai Truong, karabellyj and Jarek Śmiejczak (jotes)
for their contributions!

-Matjaž

Re: Improving consistency of translations and other novelties in Pontoon

maktrix
On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 8:19 PM, Matjaz Horvat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> It's been quite some time since we announced new features in Pontoon. We've
> been extending support for Fluent, bringing string tiers to life and
> working on under the hood refactorings. Expect to hear more about that
> soon.
>
> Additionally, we also completed work on a handful of features and landed
> them:
>
> 1. You can now translate strings of all projects enabled for your locale in
> one place, which is especially useful for fixing inconsistencies between
> multiple projects.
>
> 2. We changed the default search behaviour to search for each word
> separately and show results that contain all of them (kind of like what web
> search engines do).

this is awesome, We've been missing this. you can say, our translation
enhancement sub-project stalled due to lack of such feature. Thanks a ton
from Bengali (Bangladesh).