Immigration Control

KayceeMcNinch
In my seventeen years of life, I have not considered the affect that immigration has on my country. There are different types of immigration but overall, it means people flocking to different places or countries for either better living or because of wanting to start a new life. Illegal immigration is frowned upon because sneaking to a country while breaking laws seems morally unethical but people who live soundly in America don’t realize how unfortunate life is in poor cities and countries Also, many white Americans criticize illegal immigrants and think that they are hurting the economy when really they contribute by paying taxes and paying their expenses in cash so they don’t leave a paper trail. I heard news that the owner of a trailer court would much rather give a spot to a Mexican family than a white family because in his ten years of business, Mexicans have always paid their rent on time versus most of the white people who bounce checks or don’t pay. It was interesting to learn this knowledge because minorities are thought to not pay on time or at all when really it is the opposite. As far as jobs go, many white Americans degrade illegal minorities with jobs because they are supposedly stealing then from Americans when really the motivation from illegals far excels those of whites because they are risking their lives to travel through a 1,400 mile desert and cross without getting caught as well as searching for a job that hopefully pays cash. I admire immigrants who were motivated enough to take a dangerous trek to America. At first, immigration wasn’t a concern of mine but now I see how my life can be affected. Although a national issue like immigration control doesn’t always directly affect me but it is an issue that needs to be discussed frequently.