INSTALL 'freetyp6.dll' and 'fntcfg2.dll' i

INSTALL 'freetyp6.dll' and 'fntcfg2.dll' i

Dave Saville-7
Where can I download these as non yum/rum versions?

TIA
--
Regards
Dave Saville

Re: INSTALL 'freetyp6.dll' and 'fntcfg2.dll' i

Dave Yeo-3
On 03/10/15 11:08 AM, Dave Saville wrote:
> Where can I download these as non yum/rum versions?
>
> TIA

http://rpm.netlabs.org/release/00/zip/ contains all the zip files that
have been packaged as zip files.
Don't forget about libpng-1_6_16-1_oc00.zip, urpo.dll which needs to be
the latest and may have not been packaged and possibly z, bzip, and xv
libraries, I haven't tried the newest but Bitwise seems to want to have
as many dependencies as possible.
Dave
ps GCC1.dll as well

Re: INSTALL 'freetyp6.dll' and 'fntcfg2.dll' i

Dave Saville-7
On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 23:58:51 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 03/10/15 11:08 AM, Dave Saville wrote:
> > Where can I download these as non yum/rum versions?
> >
> > TIA
> >

> http://rpm.netlabs.org/release/00/zip/ contains all the zip files that
> have been packaged as zip files.
> Don't forget about libpng-1_6_16-1_oc00.zip, urpo.dll which needs to be
> the latest and may have not been packaged and possibly z, bzip, and xv
> libraries, I haven't tried the newest but Bitwise seems to want to have
> as many dependencies as possible.
> Dave
> ps GCC1.dll as well

Thanks Dave. BTW if there isn't a zip how do you pull files out of a
.rpm archive - Or do you have to install YUM/RUM?

--
Regards
Dave Saville

Re: INSTALL 'freetyp6.dll' and 'fntcfg2.dll' i

Silvan Scherrer-2
On 11.03.15 13:20, Dave Saville wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 23:58:51 UTC, Dave Yeo<[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On 03/10/15 11:08 AM, Dave Saville wrote:
>>> Where can I download these as non yum/rum versions?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>

>> http://rpm.netlabs.org/release/00/zip/ contains all the zip files that
>> have been packaged as zip files.
>> Don't forget about libpng-1_6_16-1_oc00.zip, urpo.dll which needs to be
>> the latest and may have not been packaged and possibly z, bzip, and xv
>> libraries, I haven't tried the newest but Bitwise seems to want to have
>> as many dependencies as possible.
>> Dave
>> ps GCC1.dll as well
>
> Thanks Dave. BTW if there isn't a zip how do you pull files out of a
> .rpm archive - Or do you have to install YUM/RUM?

I really wonder if ppl read any readme's at all. If I'm not completely
wrong all is explained in the README.OS2.
If something there is unclear, please let us now or open ticket.

regards
Silvan

Re: INSTALL 'freetyp6.dll' and 'fntcfg2.dll' i

Dave Saville-7
On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 12:37:52 UTC, Silvan Scherrer <[hidden email]> wrote:

<snip>

> I really wonder if ppl read any readme's at all. If I'm not completely
> wrong all is explained in the README.OS2.
> If something there is unclear, please let us now or open ticket.

README.OS2 does *not* give any info other than using YUM/RPM archives.
It used to tell you how to do it the old way :-(

The INSTALL lines all refer to rpm:

<quote>
INSTALL 'freetyp6.dll' and 'fntcfg2.dll' into one of the directories
on your "LIBPATH". You can download RPMs with these files from:
http://rpm.netlabs.org/release/00/i386/i386/freetype-2.5.5-1.oc00.i386
.rpm
</quote>

Whereas previous releases had:

<quote>
4. INSTALL 'freetyp2.dll' and 'fntcfg2.dll' into one of the
directories
      on your "LIBPATH" or in the program directory of the Mozilla
app.
      You can download a zip or wpi from Hobbes or netlabs:

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/h-search.php?button=Search&key=mzfntcfgft_runti
me&dir=%2F
      ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/mozilla
</quote>

On 11.03.15 14:13, Dave Saville wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 12:37:52 UTC, Silvan Scherrer<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> I really wonder if ppl read any readme's at all. If I'm not completely
>> wrong all is explained in the README.OS2.
>> If something there is unclear, please let us now or open ticket.
>
> README.OS2 does *not* give any info other than using YUM/RPM archives.
> It used to tell you how to do it the old way :-(
>
> The INSTALL lines all refer to rpm:
>
> <quote>
> INSTALL 'freetyp6.dll' and 'fntcfg2.dll' into one of the directories
> on your "LIBPATH". You can download RPMs with these files from:
> http://rpm.netlabs.org/release/00/i386/i386/freetype-2.5.5-1.oc00.i386
> .rpm
> </quote>
>
> Whereas previous releases had:
>
> <quote>
> 4. INSTALL 'freetyp2.dll' and 'fntcfg2.dll' into one of the
> directories
>        on your "LIBPATH" or in the program directory of the Mozilla
> app.
>        You can download a zip or wpi from Hobbes or netlabs:
>
> http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/h-search.php?button=Search&key=mzfntcfgft_runti
> me&dir=%2F
>        ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/mozilla
> </quote>
It tells you where to get Arcview, if you don't have it, to unpack the
rpm files. So I don't get what is wrong with that.

regards
Silvan

Re: INSTALL 'freetyp6.dll' and 'fntcfg2.dll' i

Ian Manners-4
Hobbes

firefox-24.8.1.en-us.os2.beta_4_extra_dlls.zip

it includes the libc dll's as well, I didn't mean to do that but
I only realised after I'd uploaded them. They are the latest
anyway.

Re: INSTALL 'freetyp6.dll' and 'fntcfg2.dll' i

Ian Manners-4
unrpm.exe still works as well.

it's in os2site.com/sw/util/archiver as unrpm.zip

my apologies, I removed the access restrictions for a couple of months but life's to short to chase the bots and people who have nothing better to do than create problems, so access restrictions are back for os2site.com.

As always, if you need access ask via comkal.net (read the readme top left of the home page), or use OS/2 :)

I've just noticed it's not on hobbes so I will try to remember to upload that tomorrow.

Ian Manners wrote:

> unrpm.exe still works as well.
>
> it's in os2site.com/sw/util/archiver as unrpm.zip
>
> my apologies, I removed the access restrictions for a couple of months but life's to short to chase the bots and people who have nothing better to do than create problems, so access restrictions are back for os2site.com.
>
> As always, if you need access ask via comkal.net (read the readme top left of the home page), or use OS/2 :)
>
> I've just noticed it's not on hobbes so I will try to remember to upload that tomorrow.

The unrpm I use is available at
http://homepage1.nifty.com/jsawa/attglobal/rpm/unrpm.zip.
Dave

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 13:51:47 UTC, Silvan Scherrer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It tells you where to get Arcview, if you don't have it, to unpack the
> rpm files. So I don't get what is wrong with that.

I have Arcview 2.2 Give it any .rpm file and it says "Could not
determine the archive type" -  Which is not surprising as rpm is not
listed in the help as a supported file type :-(

On 12.03.15 09:42, Dave Saville wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 13:51:47 UTC, Silvan Scherrer<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> It tells you where to get Arcview, if you don't have it, to unpack the
>> rpm files. So I don't get what is wrong with that.
>>

> I have Arcview 2.2 Give it any .rpm file and it says "Could not
> determine the archive type" -  Which is not surprising as rpm is not
> listed in the help as a supported file type :-(

Thats not really true.
Read http://www.altsan.org/programming/os2/arcview_readme.txt

There it states rpm as supported. And it also give you all links, when
something is not installed.

Re: INSTALL 'freetyp6.dll' and 'fntcfg2.dll' i

Peter Brown-2
Hi Dave

Dave Saville wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 13:51:47 UTC, Silvan Scherrer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It tells you where to get Arcview, if you don't have it, to unpack the
>> rpm files. So I don't get what is wrong with that.
>>

> I have Arcview 2.2 Give it any .rpm file and it says "Could not
> determine the archive type" -  Which is not surprising as rpm is not
> listed in the help as a supported file type :-(

I have Archive Viewer 2.1 as installed by eCS2.1 and, Yes, it does open
rpm files - and if you add *.rpm in the Archive Viewer Properties,
Associations list it will open rpm files by doubleclicking the file.

I do notice no mention is made of rpm in the Help file though. Maybe the
Help has not got updated in a while.

Regards

Pete

On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 10:04:52 UTC, Silvan Scherrer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12.03.15 09:42, Dave Saville wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 13:51:47 UTC, Silvan Scherrer<[hidden email]>  wrote:
> >
> >> It tells you where to get Arcview, if you don't have it, to unpack the
> >> rpm files. So I don't get what is wrong with that.
> >>

> > I have Arcview 2.2 Give it any .rpm file and it says "Could not
> > determine the archive type" -  Which is not surprising as rpm is not
> > listed in the help as a supported file type :-(
>
> Thats not really true.
> Read http://www.altsan.org/programming/os2/arcview_readme.txt

I agree that says rpm is suprted on version 2.2 but the installed 2.2
on my system thinks otherwise.

--
Regards
Dave Saville

Re: INSTALL 'freetyp6.dll' and 'fntcfg2.dll' i

Dave Saville-7
On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 10:04:52 UTC, Silvan Scherrer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12.03.15 09:42, Dave Saville wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 13:51:47 UTC, Silvan Scherrer<[hidden email]>  wrote:
> >
> >> It tells you where to get Arcview, if you don't have it, to unpack the
> >> rpm files. So I don't get what is wrong with that.
> >>

> > I have Arcview 2.2 Give it any .rpm file and it says "Could not
> > determine the archive type" -  Which is not surprising as rpm is not
> > listed in the help as a supported file type :-(
>
> Thats not really true.
> Read http://www.altsan.org/programming/os2/arcview_readme.txt

I have installed from the above site and all is well. I have no idea
where I got the 2.2 version I was using from. It wasn't a wpi and I
can't find a zip files in my download archive.
--
Regards
Dave Saville

Re: INSTALL 'freetyp6.dll' and 'fntcfg2.dll' i

Alex Taylor
On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 22:24:06 UTC, Peter Brown
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have Archive Viewer 2.1 as installed by eCS2.1 and, Yes, it does open
> rpm files - and if you add *.rpm in the Archive Viewer Properties,
> Associations list it will open rpm files by doubleclicking the file.
>
> I do notice no mention is made of rpm in the Help file though. Maybe the
> Help has not got updated in a while.

I think I neglected to add RPM to the helpfile in version 2.1; the latest
version (from 2.2) does include it, though.

--
Alex Taylor
http://www.altsan.org

Please take off hat when replying.

Re: INSTALL 'freetyp6.dll' and 'fntcfg2.dll' i

Steve Wendt
On 03/11/15 11:17 am, Ian Manners wrote:

> firefox-24.8.1.en-us.os2.beta_4_extra_dlls.zip
> it includes the libc dll's as well

Thanks Ian; I used that as the starting point for updating my mozsupport
package:
http://os2news.warpstock.org/Warpzilla.html

FWIW, you were missing z.dll, and had a couple unnecessary files
included.  I look forward to Dave's efforts on eliminating some of this.
  ;-)

On 03/15/15 09:01 PM, Steve Wendt wrote:
> I look forward to Dave's efforts on eliminating some of this. ;-)

I've got a rebuilt pthread library and can rebuild their freetype. IIRC
the libpng support was for an included Freetype program, need to check.
mzfntcfg hasn't changed that I know of.
Dave